Will Sunday Delivery add more 22.4 Driver positions?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UnionGuy, Nov 25, 2019.

1. UnionGuy

UnionGuy Member

My driver told me (I'm a helper) that starting in January 2020, UPS will start delivering on Sunday. My question for this is that do you guys think that it will open up more driver positions? Or will they just change up the days for the current 22.4s that are Tues-Sat? I am excited for this and hope that it will open up more positions. I don't really mind working Wed-Sun. As long as I get a driver position.

2. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

oh boy ..

3. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

It will depend on what percentage of drivers are 22.4s now.

4. eats packages

eats packages narrow lane

Does anyone feel like UPS is going to try and bust our chops and claim they can use PVDs after Dec. 31? They already are delaying our driver openings. I hate PVDs so much, this sanctioned scabwork is making this the lightest year ever, most everybody inside got disqualified.

Unfortunately this town has no shortage of Uber-model idiots who will risk their lives on the road in their own car just to pay for jacked-up rent in a low-density neighborhood.
    I would rather sleep in my car than to pay half my paycheck to some lord o land who never actually budgets additional affordable housing and instead buys their drunk teen a new car.

5. no_map_needed

no_map_needed Knowledge is key, Experience is power.

After Saturday what volume is left for Sunday?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Monday's pkgs

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

22.4 is not a driver position. It’s a “combo” job. I have a feeling those who are not RPCD by next contract are going to get the shaft. expect a looong road to an RPCD position and top rate.

8. 40 and out

40 and out Active Member

I don't see how they are making any money using PVD's. Delivered 30 stops in 10 hrs first day. Best day did 60 in 10 hrs. Paid mileage 150 miles. Would take 3 hrs and 60 miles in a package car. And I still had to deliver all big and heavy packages.

9. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Well-Known Member

I'll take bs that never happen for 500.

10. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

we don’t have any package cars for them to use lol PVDS ARE THE ENEMY

11. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Well-Known Member

It makes zero sense to have m-f t-s and w-s. So ups will probably have all 3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Osubrownguy

Osubrownguy Member

From what I heard, ups packages delivered on Sunday will not be by ups employees but thru usps with surepost

13. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Yet Mr. Taylor claimed that 22.4 classification will likely not work inside. Odd.

14. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

That’s why I put “combo” in quotes. Technically it’s a combo position. That will just end up being be a lesser paid driver position. We have 22.4’s in my building and they have yet to work inside.

15. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The local postmaster told me that he is expecting us to hand Sunday deliveries off to the PO. Pretty much what they do with Amazon.

16. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Thankfully Saturday delivery was perfected before implementing Sunday delivery.

17. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Everyone is freaking out about Sundays starting in Jan 2020. I will go just like Saturdays did. Certain markets will starts delivering on Sunday and it will slowly expand. It's not starting everywhere on Jan 1st so relax.

Also let's see what happens with the sure post language.

18. Wrong

Wrong :))

I can’t break Shabbat anyways. UPS will just have to respect that.

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

UPS has no control over what the USPS does on Sunday (or any other day of the week).

The USPS delivers Amazon on Sunday.

20. Grey

Grey Active Member

So more 3-day weekends?