Will Sunday Delivery add more 22.4 Driver positions?

UnionGuy

My driver told me (I'm a helper) that starting in January 2020, UPS will start delivering on Sunday. My question for this is that do you guys think that it will open up more driver positions? Or will they just change up the days for the current 22.4s that are Tues-Sat? I am excited for this and hope that it will open up more positions. I don't really mind working Wed-Sun. As long as I get a driver position.

542thruNthru

My driver told me (I'm a helper) that starting in January 2020, UPS will start delivering on Sunday. My question for this is that do you guys think that it will open up more driver positions? Or will they just change up the days for the current 22.4s that are Tues-Sat? I am excited for this and hope that it will open up more positions. I don't really mind working Wed-Sun. As long as I get a driver position.

It will depend on what percentage of drivers are 22.4s now.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Does anyone feel like UPS is going to try and bust our chops and claim they can use PVDs after Dec. 31? They already are delaying our driver openings. I hate PVDs so much, this sanctioned scabwork is making this the lightest year ever, most everybody inside got disqualified.

Unfortunately this town has no shortage of Uber-model idiots who will risk their lives on the road in their own car just to pay for jacked-up rent in a low-density neighborhood.
I would rather sleep in my car than to pay half my paycheck to some lord o land who never actually budgets additional affordable housing and instead buys their drunk teen a new car.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

22.4 is not a driver position. It’s a “combo” job. I have a feeling those who are not RPCD by next contract are going to get the shaft. expect a looong road to an RPCD position and top rate.

40 and out

Does anyone feel like UPS is going to try and bust our chops and claim they can use PVDs after Dec. 31? They already are delaying our driver openings. I hate PVDs so much, this sanctioned scabwork is making this the lightest year ever, most everybody inside got disqualified.

Unfortunately this town has no shortage of Uber-model idiots who will risk their lives on the road in their own car just to pay for jacked-up rent in a low-density neighborhood.
I would rather sleep in my car than to pay half my paycheck to some lord o land who never actually budgets additional affordable housing and instead buys their drunk teen a new car.
I don't see how they are making any money using PVD's. Delivered 30 stops in 10 hrs first day. Best day did 60 in 10 hrs. Paid mileage 150 miles. Would take 3 hrs and 60 miles in a package car. And I still had to deliver all big and heavy packages.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I don't see how they are making any money using PVD's. Delivered 30 stops in 10 hrs first day. Best day did 60 in 10 hrs. Paid mileage 150 miles. Would take 3 hrs and 60 miles in a package car. And I still had to deliver all big and heavy packages.
we don’t have any package cars for them to use lol PVDS ARE THE ENEMY

barnyard

KTM rider
The local postmaster told me that he is expecting us to hand Sunday deliveries off to the PO. Pretty much what they do with Amazon.

542thruNthru

Everyone is freaking out about Sundays starting in Jan 2020. I will go just like Saturdays did. Certain markets will starts delivering on Sunday and it will slowly expand. It's not starting everywhere on Jan 1st so relax.

Also let's see what happens with the sure post language.