Will TeamCare cost Hoffa/Hall their reelection?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Still have to pay 5 bucks for a script no matter where I go.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Do you find yourself thinking whether you really need that script or not or, more importantly, whether you need to go the ER for non-emergent care? That is what I mean by being a smarter medical consumer.

Resident know-it-all.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's saving a lot of people in my local big time with the prescriptions. So our consumer buck can go somewhere else. I've had multiple people come up to me and they can't believe they are saving between 150$ and 400$ a month.
I have had multiple people come up to me with stories of not being able to find a doctor in network within a hundred miles, spending hours on the phone without ever getting a human to answer their questions or were promised a return phone call that never comes.
Many of us took a huge step backwards that those already in Teamcare will never understand.
Throughout this whole debacle, I never wanted more than the next guy, rather for the rest to have what had my entire career.
In the end my loss was your gain and it's a shame when you consider that there is no reason why the company could not have provided us all the same superior healthcare plan they provided me for 28 years.

I have had multiple people come up to me with stories of not being able to find a doctor in network within a hundred miles, spending hours on the phone without ever getting a human to answer their questions or were promised a return phone call that never comes.
Many of us took a huge step backwards that those already in Teamcare will never understand.
Throughout this whole debacle, I never wanted more than the next guy, rather for the rest to have what had my entire career.
In the end my loss was your gain and it's a shame when you consider that there is no reason why the company could not have provided us all the same superior healthcare plan they provided me for 28 years.
Sorry about that.

The Milkman

In the end our loss was your gain and it's a shame when you consider that there is no reason why the company could not have provided us all the same superior healthcare plan they provided me for 28 years.[/
quote]

Amen Brother....Upstater sounds like a company typical Company YES Man...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Do you find yourself thinking whether you really need that script or not or, more importantly, whether you need to go the ER for non-emergent care? That is what I mean by being a smarter medical consumer.

Resident know-it-all.
I know I don't.
I typically let my doctor decide whether I need a prescription or not.

As far as what is non-emergent care, that tends to be a far clearer picture with the luxury of hindsight.

In the end, are these issues germane to the skyrocketing cost of healthcare?
I say yes, but also see many more that are far bigger.
Just an hour ago I held the door open for an Eli Lilly rep who was catering lunch for an entire doctors office.
How many other "free lunches" were there today across the nation and at whose expense were they?
Don't get me started on the enormous waste in the various lobbies for the House and Senate.

I'm not sure I have enough fingers and toes to point out all of the problems with the healthcare industry.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I can remember. I saw the 1982 contract ratified.
-Before that contract both full timers and part timers made $12 per hour. Adjusted for inflation that would mean part timers would be making $32.40 per hour today.
-The current contract has put some teeth in the 9.5 language and progress is finally being made. But back in the 1980s drivers were averaging less than a hour of overtime per day, so overtime was not as much of a problem.
-The 1982 contract saw the beginning of the sell out of the part timers. Instead of $12 they got $8. But still $8 an hour in 1982 would be $19.83 today.
I was hired under the 82 contract,and $8 an hour was an INCREDIBLE amount of money for a kid fresh out of high school at the time. I didnt care that those hired before me made a bit more, i was thrilled to be making some REAL money

I was hired under the 82 contract,and $8 an hour was an INCREDIBLE amount of money for a kid fresh out of high school at the time. I didnt care that those hired before me made a bit more, i was thrilled to be making some REAL money

Lol, you can make 8 bucks an hour flipping hamburgers... I wouldn't consider that "REAL money".

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Lol, you can make 8 bucks an hour flipping hamburgers... I wouldn't consider that "REAL money".
In 1984 burger flippers made$3.35 an hour. $8 in 1984 was a very high wage,it certainly was Real Money.
wait.......you DO realize my post was about being hired under the 1982 contract,right???????

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Resident know-it-all.
Never went to the ER for a non emergency. That is what Urgent Cares are for, if you cannot get in to your family doctor within a reasonable time after an injury or illness.

I may get 1 to 2 scripts a year. The kids a couple. So I am not going to pass on a script for a sinus infection or whatever because of the $5 copay. So no, the higher cost of medical does not make me a "wiser" shopper. It just costs me more than it did. I am glad that some of you got your benefits increased, but I paid the price. Mine got decreased.

I fought long and hard, voted no twice, to try and keep the medical I had. But I had people in other parts of the country voting me into Teamcare.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Please tell me how one helps the other.

You're damn right I think only about myself. Do you pay my bills?

For one, it would help you to understand the system more. Do you intentionally put yourself behind the eight ball for these stupid posts of yours? More knowledge is what everyone strives for in life. Having had the loading job made me realize many things more about the company. Being a clerk made me realize what goes on when the drivers are gone out of the building. You'd be surprised what actually does go on when you drivers are out on the road. I've seen supervisors loading packages in their cars to go and deliver them.

As for paying your bills, I would look into getting a better plan in your 401k, those Bright Horizon funds are not for the "bright" people. Call Prudential and ask for a prospectus on all the funds and actually see what you are sinking your hard earned money into. It will be an eye opener for sure when you read what your money buys in the Horizon funds. You are much better off in Blue Chips or even the Mid-Cap or Russell 2000. If you feel that is too strong of an exposure, use the other funds available to offset your exposure.

And you aren't the Resident know-it-all if you only put it up some times in your posts. More like Resident no-wit-at-all.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

Resident know-it-all.
I went to urgent care Memorial Day weekend for what I thought was acid reflux. Had chest pains for about a week prior. Doctor took my blood pressure and informed me that I should be in the ER.
Get to the hospital and find out I had a narrowing in one of my heart arteries, was admitted and had a stent placed.
In this instance, I guess I made the wrong choice in trying to be a smarter consumer.

I went to urgent care Memorial Day weekend for what I thought was acid reflux. Had chest pains for about a week prior. Doctor took my blood pressure and informed me that I should be in the ER.
Get to the hospital and find out I had a narrowing in one of my heart arteries, was admitted and had a stent placed.
In this instance, I guess I made the wrong choice in trying to be a smarter consumer.
God bless. I'm glad it worked out.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I am also glad it worked out for you.

I disagree with you in that based on your first impression you made the smart medical choice.

Resident know-it-all.
Years ago I drove myself to the ER with the exact same type of chest pain. Was diagnosed with acid reflux at the time. Had a stress test and was informed that I had the heart of a bull.
Future to this year and I assumed that the acid reflux had returned. Had been taking Prilosec and Tums for the week prior to going in for treatment and the pain subsided. That led me to believe that it was acid reflux.