Will TeamCare cost Hoffa/Hall their reelection?

The Milkman

For one, it would help you to understand the system more. Do you intentionally put yourself behind the eight ball for these stupid posts of yours? More knowledge is what everyone strives for in life. Having had the loading job made me realize many things more about the company. Being a clerk made me realize what goes on when the drivers are gone out of the building. You'd be surprised what actually does go on when you drivers are out on the road. I've seen supervisors loading packages in their cars to go and deliver them.

As for paying your bills, I would look into getting a better plan in your 401k, those Bright Horizon funds are not for the "bright" people. Call Prudential and ask for a prospectus on all the funds and actually see what you are sinking your hard earned money into. It will be an eye opener for sure when you read what your money buys in the Horizon funds. You are much better off in Blue Chips or even the Mid-Cap or Russell 2000. If you feel that is too strong of an exposure, use the other funds available to offset your exposure.

And you aren't the Resident know-it-all if you only put it up some times in your posts. More like Resident no-wit-at-all.

So right with what goes on when the Drivers are on the road!!!!!!!! Little do they know..They threw many of us under the bus over the years..maybe thats why we feel the way we do today...UPS sticks their head in the sand come trouble time.. I never worked p/t but did 8 yrs inside after 18 on the road..so yes The XMAN is so right........

In 1984 burger flippers made$3.35 an hour. $8 in 1984 was a very high wage,it certainly was Real Money.
wait.......you DO realize my post was about being hired under the 1982 contract,right???????

hmmm 1982 UPS hires at $8 an hour...

2014 UPS hires at 8.50 an hour....

fail teamsters? do they not understand inflation????

Work safe or not at all.

Will Hoffa and Hall survive the horrible UPS contract that screwed over 235,000 UPS Teamsters?

Are you willing to walk the line with a sign that says "Teamcare Sucks"? Or, "I don't wan't my brother's insurance"? What about walking the line with a sign that reads "I do not trust my union to administer my healthcare?" "Give me my company insurance plan".
We could not strike, because we would have been striking ourselves. Period.

Are you willing to walk the line with a sign that says "Teamcare Sucks"? Or, "I don't wan't my brother's insurance"? What about walking the line with a sign that reads "I do not trust my union to administer my healthcare?" "Give me my company insurance plan".
We could not strike, because we would have been striking ourselves. Period.
Don't waist your time on this issue. It's finally dying out.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
no, The Teamsters understand that Part Timers dont vote
They don't vote because they don't get it....when you're young, you can't see the forest for the trees. In my building....we have almost as many PTers as drivers...they'd have a voice if they would just open their mouths and vote.

no, The Teamsters understand that Part Timers dont vote
Fail Part timers?

Don't try to blame the part timers for this failure.

First, doesn't the union negotiate the next contract with the company before we get to vote on anything?

Also with voting, it doesn't matter if the part timers aren't voting. It's not like if they don't vote, the company gets to vote for them...

Another thing, if only full timers are voting, shouldn't that mean we would be getting better contracts? I mean according to your statement, more then half the full timers voted for this new contract? why???

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Don't try to blame the part timers for this failure.

First, doesn't the union negotiate the next contract with the company before we get to vote on anything?

Also with voting, it doesn't matter if the part timers aren't voting. It's not like if they don't vote, the company gets to vote for them...

Another thing, if only full timers are voting, shouldn't that mean we would be getting better contracts? I mean according to your statement, more then half the full timers voted for this new contract? why???

mate i'm not blaming anyone for anything. You asked a question,I provided an answer I feel was correct.

To elaborate, Part time wages havent gone up because part timers DONT VOTE, plain and simple. The Negotiating Committee are well aware of this and as a result of part timer apathy and attrition the Wage Gulf has risen with each contract.
As far as the contract being a "failure" we'll have to agree to disagree on that matter

mate i'm not blaming anyone for anything. You asked a question,I provided an answer I feel was correct.

To elaborate, Part time wages havent gone up because part timers DONT VOTE, plain and simple. The Negotiating Committee are well aware of this and as a result of part timer apathy and attrition the Wage Gulf has risen with each contract.
As far as the contract being a "failure" we'll have to agree to disagree on that matter

Ok, fair enough but wouldn't you agree that a simple solution to this problem would be to simply create more full time positions and less part time ones?

Oh but wait... that would bankrupt the union wouldn't it?

Any maroon that can do simple mathematics is probally asking the question, "I only pay ~$30 a month in union dues and healthcare costs much more then that! Where is the difference coming from?".

I will tell you, it is coming from the under represented new hires. These poor guys get no hours, horrible wages, zero health care and have to pay ridiculous initiation fees to the union. Then most of them just decide to quit because they deem this job unworthy of their time.

So why should the union stand up for these people? If they did, teamcare would bankrupt the union or our union dues would probally skyrocket.

I don't know the full details of teamcare but I doubt UPS is paying enough to make up the difference.

So would you say that, the more new hires that come and go, the better off the unions bank statements are?

Because to my perspective, it seems like the union is only looking out for their own bank rolls and doing nothing for these new hires and part timers.

I mean we pay the union to represent our best interests, but I just don't see it.

Ok, fair enough but wouldn't you agree that a simple solution to this problem would be to simply create more full time positions and less part time ones?

Oh but wait... that would bankrupt the union wouldn't it?

Any maroon that can do simple mathematics is probally asking the question, "I only pay ~$30 a month in union dues and healthcare costs much more then that! Where is the difference coming from?".

I will tell you, it is coming from the under represented new hires. These poor guys get no hours, horrible wages, zero health care and have to pay ridiculous initiation fees to the union. Then most of them just decide to quit because they deem this job unworthy of their time.

So why should the union stand up for these people? If they did, teamcare would bankrupt the union or our union dues would probally skyrocket.

I don't know the full details of teamcare but I doubt UPS is paying enough to make up the difference.

So would you say that, the more new hires that come and go, the better off the unions bank statements are?

Because to my perspective, it seems like the union is only looking out for their own bank rolls and doing nothing for these new hires and part timers.

I mean we pay the union to represent our best interests, but I just don't see it.
You know what I don't understand is how they always find people to take these jobs? If they are so bad why do they keep on coming and coming?