Will there be a national strike at UPS?

Johney

No one is telling me anything. It's just simple logic. If the company wants to keep paying us drivers more money there's going to have to be more and more concessions that are going to have to be given up that will not benefit us i.e.. more pvds less overtime and maybe more pvds. I'm just a driver just like you but I do understand basic economics and know that the company is a business at the end of the day.
UPS has continued to pay drivers more and continue to make record profits I don't see that changing.

Trucker Clock

A strike is really the only way things get better for us drivers.

Wrong.

The company is going to continue to do everything they can over the next decade to take away everything the union has fought for

Wrong. They are going to "try."

PVDs year-round to completely eliminate OT, more 22.4s, and potentially having outside contractors do all of the residential stops.

Wrong.

You'd have to be high if you really think the company is just going to bend over and pay us all more without MAJOR concessions in the form of what was mentioned above or other things without our Union holding strong on what O'Brien is standing on.

You must be new. They have paid us more without major concessions for the past umteen contracts.

Of course no one wants a strike but it's really the only option.

Wrong.

Why would the company agree to pay us more without a strike where it puts them in a position where they have no good option but to give us what is being negotiated?

Leave the negotiations to the big boys. You obviously have no idea how they work.

No one is telling me anything. It's just simple logic.

Your logic is flawed. No surprise there.

If the company wants to keep paying us drivers more money there's going to have to be more and more concessions that are going to have to be given up that will not benefit us i.e.. more pvds less overtime and maybe more pvds.

Wrong.

I'm just a driver just like you but I do understand basic economics and know that the company is a business at the end of the day.

Apparently, you don't understand basic economics. Stick to delivering brown boxes.

Past behavior is a useful marker for future behavior. You just need to look to the past contracts.

Trucker Clock

While a majority of UPS Union members are starting at minimum wages.

They have always traded off part time wage increases for larger full time wage increases because part timers never voted and a part time job was only temporary or just a stepping stone to going full time.

You are an anomaly. There are hardly any lifer part timers. Most just work temporarily part time to supplement another job or wait until their seniority allows them to go full time or are just here for the insurance.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No one is telling me anything. It's just simple logic. If the company wants to keep paying us drivers more money there's going to have to be more and more concessions that are going to have to be given up that will not benefit us i.e.. more pvds less overtime and maybe more pvds. I'm just a driver just like you but I do understand basic economics and know that the company is a business at the end of the day.
That is some hilariously bad “logic”

PT Car Washer

They have always traded off part time wage increases for larger full time wage increases because part timers never voted and a part time job was only temporary or just a stepping stone to going full time.

You are an anomaly. There are hardly any lifer part timers. Most just work temporarily part time to supplement another job or wait until their seniority allows them to go full time or are just here for the insurance.
Not always. Originally PT were paid the same as FT to encourage more FT jobs.

beentheredonethat

If the teamsters strike, which may happen, then I see Carol preparing to do whatever she can and however she can to make this the last time the teamsters strike UPS. I see her going full forward into trying to get the majority of drivers to cross the line and hire outside workers. I do think she wants to have a fair negotiation and increase pay for PTers. However, if UPS is struck to "stick it to them man". I see her sticking it back way harder. While the teamsters striking UPS will hurt UPS, without the dues and initiation fees and Health benefit money and Pension money. The teamsters will go broke.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No not really.
No really it is. Company profits are up 100+% same with dividend payouts. Raise prices by 6% a year like clockwork. But employees are getting 2% raises and you think any more will break the company lol

Sorry man it’s been the same song and dance for 20+ years. Yet guess what they take in record profits year after year.

kforte36

Wrong.

Wrong. They are going to "try."

Wrong.

You must be new. They have paid us more without major concessions for the past umteen contracts.

Wrong.

Leave the negotiations to the big boys. You obviously have no idea how they work.

Your logic is flawed. No surprise there.

Wrong.

Apparently, you don't understand basic economics. Stick to delivering brown boxes.

Past behavior is a useful marker for future behavior. You just need to look to the past contracts.
Just because it's been a certain way since you've been a driver doesn't mean it's always going to stay that way. I hope I'm wrong though.

kforte36

No really it is. Company profits are up 100+% same with dividend payouts. Raise prices by 6% a year like clockwork. But employees are getting 2% raises and you think any more will break the company lol

Sorry man it’s been the same song and dance for 20+ years. Yet guess what they take in record profits year after year.
I understand what you are saying. But the company doesn't care about giving us drivers what we want. They will do everything they can going forward to make the driving jobs like Amazon's... crappy wages for full-timers and more PVD's. UNLESS the Union can force the company to give us what we want.

Thebrownblob

Just because it's been a certain way since you've been a driver doesn't mean it's always going to stay that way. I hope I'm wrong though.
Interesting take. I thought everyone believed every contract we’ve had is concessionary and we lost everything for the last 20 some odd years?