Will there be a national strike at UPS?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
49736_el37rxf4myncpdf.jpeg

kforte36

Right now I can only go by what UPS I’d doing, and UPS is telling me there’s definitely gonna be a strike bc they’re calling out bluff.
A strike is really the only way things get better for us drivers. The company is going to continue to do everything they can over the next decade to take away everything the union has fought for in the form of PVDs year-round to completely eliminate OT, more 22.4s, and potentially having outside contractors do all of the residential stops. You'd have to be high if you really think the company is just going to bend over and pay us all more without MAJOR concessions in the form of what was mentioned above or other things without our Union holding strong on what O'Brien is standing on. Of course no one wants a strike but it's really the only option. Why would the company agree to pay us more without a strike where it puts them in a position where they have no good option but to give us what is being negotiated?

542thruNthru

Right now I can only go by what UPS I’d doing, and UPS is telling me there’s definitely gonna be a strike bc they’re calling out bluff.
Who at UPS is telling you this? Your center manager, your ORS?

They don't even know what UPS plans to do next month let alone what they plan to do with this contract.

I'm not saying you're one of these people but it makes me laugh how many people think they center manager is high up in the company and is in on decision making. A center manager is lower than a store manager of Mc Donald's. They have very little power to make decisions. They can't hire anyone or decide how many routes go out and truth be told don't even have the power to actually fire someone. They need to reach out to labor to ask permission because 90% of the time they screw it up. Lol

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

They don't even know what UPS plans to do next month let alone what they plan to do with this contract.

I'm not saying you're one of these people but it makes me laugh how many people think they center manager is high up in the company and is in on decision making. A center manager is lower than a store manager of Mc Donald's. They have very little power to make decisions. They can't hire anyone or decide how many routes go out and truth be told don't even have the power to actually fire someone. They need to reach out to labor to ask permission because 90% of the time they screw it up. Lol
Tell em’ jefe!

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down

1676237126547.gif

Thebrownblob

You’re definitely not wrong

kforte36

No one is telling me anything. It's just simple logic. If the company wants to keep paying us drivers more money there's going to have to be more and more concessions that are going to have to be given up that will not benefit us i.e.. more pvds less overtime and maybe more pvds. I'm just a driver just like you but I do understand basic economics and know that the company is a business at the end of the day.

542thruNthru

No one is telling me anything. It's just simple logic. If the company wants to keep paying us drivers more money there's going to have to be more and more concessions that are going to have to be given up that will not benefit us i.e.. more pvds less overtime and maybe more pvds. I'm just a driver just like you but I do understand basic economics and know that the company is a business at the end of the day.
I don't remember asking you or disagreeing with you.

I also remember people saying the company can ever afford to pay drivers over $20 per hour...

ManInBrown

Most hourlies don’t realize this or dont care to realize but center managers are like pond scum in ups hierarchy. They spend half their day on conference calls getting reamed out by important people. And ORS lolz a half a step above a preloader. No one should listen to anything either say with regards to a strike.

kforte36

Most hourlies don’t realize this or dont care to realize but center managers are like pond scum in ups hierarchy. They spend half their day on conference calls getting reamed out by important people. And ORS lolz a half a step above a preloader. No one should listen to anything either say with regards to a strike.
Ya I definitely agree.