Will they check my pockets?

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
yes it's a bad habit, but I use dip a lot during my day job (landscaping). I can control urges by using a Swedish snus during the ups shift (no spitting required). Do they pat you down or anything like that? Only wondering because the packet I got today at orientation said no tobacco on premises. Thanks

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
yes it's a bad habit, but I use dip a lot during my day job (landscaping). I can control urges by using a Swedish snus during the ups shift (no spitting required). Do they pat you down or anything like that? Only wondering because the packet I got today at orientation said no tobacco on premises. Thanks
If you see an impending pat down, get a boner on purpose and make them regret their decision.

sailfish

But in all seriousness, the most I've ever seen were metal detectors through a guard shack. It's UPS, not CIA. What job is worth getting patted down every day?

km3

Strict. Our sign says no smoking on UPS property, but nobody enforces it. In fact, the outdoor break area specifically says "Designated Break/Smoking area."

Those who do use dip use it throughout the whole sort. Nobody cares, as long as they're working.

No pat-downs in my building. Just a metal detector going in and out.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Relax they are not that anal about it

sailfish

Relax they are not that anal about it
fingers.jpg

J

jibbs

Strict. Our sign says no smoking on UPS property, but nobody enforces it. In fact, the outdoor break area specifically says "Designated Break/Smoking area."

Those who do use dip use it throughout the whole sort. Nobody cares, as long as they're working.

No pat-downs in my building. Just a metal detector going in and out.

Same here, except for the prohibited smoking thing. I've never heard of a "no tobacco" rule at my location, but I see plenty of "Not a smoke/break area" signs-- way more than the "Smoking Area" signs. Funny thing about those signs, though.... I was told by the guy who hired me in my first couple of days to completely ignore the "Not a smoke/break area" sign and just stand right outside the door in my work area while I watched my rollers/the belt.

idk what you're going to be doing, OP, but just feel out the first day because no, you will not be getting patted down. At most, security can instruct you to open your bag (if bags are allowed) or to turn out your pockets if a metal detector goes off on you. Even then, as I understand it they're under a strict policy to look but not touch. If you don't comply, they're not permitted to force you (though I'm sure puffed up security guards have tried in the past at one UPS location or another)-- but they can always call someone who can mete out some kind of consequence, however minor and unlikely to stick those consequences may seem at the time.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
My supervisor bums chew off me everyday...you'll be fine as long as you don't spit all over packages...I drive now but chewed during preload

HardknocksUPSer

We don't have security or metal detectors at my center, just walk right in and go do whatever. I dip the whole time and spit between the bumper and loading dock of the package cars, never had a problem with anything. Over half of my shift dips, the guys on the inside of the building were told by center manager to spit in a bottles but it doesn't always happen, it dries, no big deal.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We don't have security or metal detectors at my center, just walk right in and go do whatever. I dip the whole time and spit between the bumper and loading dock of the package cars, never had a problem with anything. Over half of my shift dips, the guys on the inside of the building were told by center manager to spit in a bottles but it doesn't always happen, it dries, no big deal.
That's :censored2: disgusting. You wanna dip? Fabulous ...spit into a bottle or cup and throw it out when you are done. Do you spit on your floors at home??

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Same here, except for the prohibited smoking thing. I've never heard of a "no tobacco" rule at my location, but I see plenty of "Not a smoke/break area" signs-- way more than the "Smoking Area" signs. Funny thing about those signs, though.... I was told by the guy who hired me in my first couple of days to completely ignore the "Not a smoke/break area" sign and just stand right outside the door in my work area while I watched my rollers/the belt.

idk what you're going to be doing, OP, but just feel out the first day because no, you will not be getting patted down. At most, security can instruct you to open your bag (if bags are allowed) or to turn out your pockets if a metal detector goes off on you. Even then, as I understand it they're under a strict policy to look but not touch. If you don't comply, they're not permitted to force you (though I'm sure puffed up security guards have tried in the past at one UPS location or another)-- but they can always call someone who can mete out some kind of consequence, however minor and unlikely to stick those consequences may seem at the time.
My building still has smoking areas but some buildings have no smoking on property rules now.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I used to cover a guy's route who dipped all day everyday in his truck. The floors of his cab were so disgusting. There were a few drivers who refused to cover his route because of all the dried up dip on the floors lol.

Dr.Brownz

We have a designated smoking area. We are a small center with 25-30 routes daily. We used to have a bigger smoking area barricaded off but they decided it took up too much parking area.