Will they check my pockets?

wayfair

swollen member
I used to cover a guy's route who dipped all day everyday in his truck. The floors of his cab were so disgusting. There were a few drivers who refused to cover his route because of all the dried up dip on the floors lol.

I hate driving peoples pc's that do that... crap all over the cup holder, floor, and along the driver door window...

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Strict. Our sign says no smoking on UPS property, but nobody enforces it. In fact, the outdoor break area specifically says "Designated Break/Smoking area."

Those who do use dip use it throughout the whole sort. Nobody cares, as long as they're working.

No pat-downs in my building. Just a metal detector going in and out.

They don't care about the metal detector going off going in, just coming out of the building. Let's you know UPSs priorities.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I work on the outside of the belt so I spit on the outside of the building, no I don't spit in the floors at home, I spit in a bottle.
So if someone spit tobacco juice on your car...that would be okay because it's outside?? That's disgusting....bring an empty Gatorade bottle to work and spit all you want.

DOK

yes it's a bad habit, but I use dip a lot during my day job (landscaping). I can control urges by using a Swedish snus during the ups shift (no spitting required). Do they pat you down or anything like that? Only wondering because the packet I got today at orientation said no tobacco on premises. Thanks
We have managers and hourlies dipping in the building and the trash cans are the spittoons.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Damn, I'd love to see how some of your cars and houses look. We spend more waking hours here during the week than at home and I see folks on here that don't mind spending 10+ hours a day in their trash pit they call a package car.

By The Book

yes it's a bad habit, but I use dip a lot during my day job (landscaping). I can control urges by using a Swedish snus during the ups shift (no spitting required). Do they pat you down or anything like that? Only wondering because the packet I got today at orientation said no tobacco on premises. Thanks
If I remember correctly you're the guy that has this great work ethic and now are on the ropes because you chew and there is no tobacco allowed on premises. We told you that it was at least as much mental as physical. Now you have a decision to make, a test of your character if you will. My 2 cents, stop chewing, I say this because it's the best choice for you for a couple of reasons.