Will we go on strike if contract is voted down

browned out

The VT comment or joke was tastless, unnecesary, and hurtful. What kind of person jokes about this especially to someone who may have personal ties to that tragedy?

tieguy

Banned
That's assine. Anyone on this site who does no feel bad when anyone dies whether hourly oe management has some severe issues.

As for bashing the company I will continue to do so when its demands reult in the death of any upser. The people are more important than the packages..

you used the guys death to push your own twisted agenda. You discredited his effort. You have no idea whether the guy was working too many hours or was just the victim of an unfortunate turn of events but that did not stop you from firing the shot.

I know you think it smells great and is nice and its warm in there but please come out of big browns ass and try to see more than 1 side of the story.

You don't get it do you? I am big browns ass. I wear my brown proudly. I don't sit around and whine like a little girl like you do and blame the world for all my shortcomings.

Everytime I think that you may be objective. You make a statement like the roll away into a mailbox comments.

I happen to think its very objective regardless of who I work for. A runaway is still a runaway. Your philosophy is no harm no foul because we got lucky this time. I'm in feeders. Our feeder folk lead the industry in safety performance. Our drivers know there are no second chances when you're talking about a tractor and two trailers running away major damage and a death very likely. Meanwhile our package accident frequency is absolutely hideous while you try to alibi every runaway that occurs.

The post was about being discharged and not discharged based on speculation.

while you speculated that one management person who died during the strike meant all of us did a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ty job?

A driver could run over the mailbox on purpose or or crash twice into other cars etc and still only get a warning notice.. Is this driver anyless dangerous? The roll away should be treated as an avidable and judged by severity as all other accidents are. We used to be instructed to put the car in lowest gear or reverse and put handbrake on. Shifter could be inadvertantly bumped out of gear. We had a roll away and driver was terminated. He got his job back and ups change it to lowest foreward gear.

Now you're trying to change the story and say that we should investigate the details of all accidents. Never disagreed with that point so I don't know why you're headed in that direction. Try talking out of one side of your mouth for a change.

tieguy

Banned
The VT comment or joke was tastless, unnecesary, and hurtful. What kind of person jokes about this especially to someone who may have personal ties to that tragedy?

probably the same kind of guy that makes insulting remarks about a dedicated upsers death during 97 and then tries to suger coat the comment by sending his regards to the family.

705red

Browncafe Steward
You cannot collect a pension if you get fired for weak language! Look at the rollaway language, you can drive into a building and be ok, but god help it if your hand brake isnt tight and you roll into a mailbox your fired.

I suppose you're right we should bring him back to work with no repercussions so the next time he has a runaway it can kill a couple of kids playing next to the mailbox.

If this is true and you honestly believe that you can do our jobs as good as we can then why did you take a pay cut and go into management?

I think you totally missed my point. I'm past the false bravado of who can do the better job and who can bring whom to their knees during contract negotiations. You need to reread my post instead of making assumptions. I'm secure with the fact that I can't control what happens at contract time and I'm secure with the possible consequences. I realize there may be another psycho like Carey who knows he has impending indictments coming down the pipe and tries to throw a public strike to salvage his place in history. I'm not sure who you think you're talking to but I never took a pay cut getting into management. My pay has increased significantly each time I was promoted from one position to another.

Red I realize we have some idiots on this board but to be honest I expected a better response from you.

Tie if you are making more money than a driver, you have to be up there in the ranks of management. The average on-car sup couldnt come close to make what the average package driver makes let alone what a feeder driver brings home.

I have seen people get fired for their truck rolling 4 feet into a parked car because the hand brake was not tight enough. But i have seen drivers back into buildings or parked cars and receive a smack on the hand and continue to work. That is an example of piss-poor language currently that probably wasnt meant that way when it was negioated but thats how it has played out over years. If that was a stupid post can you explain why either one shouldnt be an accident? Why should it be a cardinal infraction for a roll away which is not following the methods and the other is a vehicular accident. Both are mistakes and both (depending on the seriousness of the accident) should be progressive discipline or corrective behavior at best.

VTBrown

Correct me if I'm wrong, but cover driving is voluntary. They know what their getting into and are expected of them. Don't think for a moment because they work so many hours they should jump into full-time status ahead of part-timers who have waited and earned their senority status to reach a driver progression opportunity. This is why the silent part time majority needs to raise these concerns to the leadership beforehand, not as a afterthought. This is why they should just do away with cover driving period, or use them as originally intended to vacation or workers comp coverage. Cover drivers are the reason driver progression is slow. Guess what, if nobody would volunteer, UPS would be forced to progress more into full time driver jobs. Unfortunatly, econimics rule,I guess these guys need the money more, but why apply for a part time job if you need full time pay.

VTBrownRe: Will we go on strike if contract is voted down
Well then....I would suggest that UPS come up with a better offer quickly if we vote this one down.

Pretty simple there

Well then, I suggest you contact your local FED-EX office and re-apply for a job their, cause you could be one of unlucky ones layed-off or demoted rookie.

Do you have any idea what my seniority date is or how many in the local are already beneath me?

Please....

browned out

probably the same kind of guy that makes insulting remarks about a dedicated upsers death during 97 and then tries to suger coat the comment by sending his regards to the family.

You are right tieguy, excuse me I now see that my comments are equally as socially unacceptable and moronic as yours.

My stating my belief that UPS's insistance on delivering packages at any cost ended up in tragedy for a man and his family. I stated a fact, I have no problem with the substitute feeder driver, he was a human being and he was following orders. He probably was one of the respectable sups.(or not, doesn't matter) Even if he was not well liked by his employees, he did not deserve to die over corporate greed. I did not say or speculate this feeder sub did anything wrong or was at fault for anything. The fact is we are the professionals ;and I doubt UPS ever during the strike did a safety ride with any of the individuals driving these unfamiliar vehicles for long hours under extreme pressure. How could UPS expect ametuers to do what seasoned vets do. Probable the kind of arrogance and ignorance that is commonplace in your posts. We all could pull of doing managements job of (kind of) with a few mistakes here or there but I doubt any of these mistakes would have resulted in a death. Don't talk :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: here. His blood is on your hands; as you have stated "you are UPS" and proud of it.

The VT comment was just a funny anecdote. Not harmful to anyone. Just a foot in the mouth comment, I guess; and it was surely imperative and pertinent to this post. I hope the VT poster had no relation to anyone of these victims whose families also deserve our prayers and/or he was very shaken by your comments.; He may think of this tragedy daily. If this was the case; I would hope that you would be banned from this forum. I wonder how often you think of our fellow upser who perished.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
You are right tieguy, excuse me I now see that my comments are equally as socially unacceptable and moronic as yours.

I'm sure you can exceed my efforts in this arena.

My stating my belief that UPS's insistance on delivering packages at any cost ended up in tragedy for a man and his family. I stated a fact, I have no problem with the substitute feeder driver, he was a human being and he was following orders. He probably was one of the respectable sups.(or not, doesn't matter) Even if he was not well liked by his employees, he did not deserve to die over corporate greed.

Bingo. there you go you just did again. You talk about respecting another upsers memory and then you again piss all over it. I'm glad I was able to draw you out and reveal you for the slime ball you really are. I thought I'd be successful in drawing your true character out and you did not dissapoint.

I did not say or speculate this feeder sub did anything wrong or was at fault for anything. The fact is we are the professionals ;and I doubt UPS ever during the strike did a safety ride with any of the individuals driving these unfamiliar vehicles for long hours under extreme pressure.

Actually the man was a DTS instructor who was highly trained and as such a trainer of trainers. His dedication towards safety has helped implement our feeder safety record which is second to none. His safety track record was impeccable. He was a credit to this organization and he represented all upsers well until his untimely and unfortunate death. You really have no shame, no morals and no scrupels.

browned out

My stating my belief that UPS's insistance on delivering packages at any cost ended up in tragedy for a man and his family. I stated a fact, I have no problem with the substitute feeder driver, he was a human being and he was following orders. He probably was one of the respectable sups.(or not, doesn't matter) Even if he was not well liked by his employees, he did not deserve to die over corporate greed.

Bingo. there you go you just did again. You talk about respecting another upsers memory and then you again piss all over it. I'm glad I was able to draw you out and reveal you for the slime ball you really are. I thought I'd be successful in drawing your true character out and you did not dissapoint.

I did not say or speculate this feeder sub did anything wrong or was at fault for anything. The fact is we are the professionals ;and I doubt UPS ever during the strike did a safety ride with any of the individuals driving these unfamiliar vehicles for long hours under extreme pressure.

Actually the man was a DTS instructor who was highly trained and as such a trainer of trainers. His dedication towards safety has helped implement our feeder safety record which is second to none. His safety track record was impeccable. He was a credit to this organization and he represented all upsers well until his untimely and unfortunate death. You really have no shame, no morals and no scrupels.

browned out

Right again as always exhaulted one as I have not seen a post on this site where you were wrong.

What happened in that accident? You know so much that I'm sure you know the exact circumstances of the accident and have seen the reports.

Corporate was not concerned with this mans tragic death as he was only an implement to them. UPS was more worried about the parcels that would not be delivered or the tarnish to their saftey image on TV.

How do I know how much corporate cares for their employees?
I have have been lucky enough to see it and live thru it first hand.

In our center a rural driver was parked on the shoulder of a dirt road with four ways on after making a delivery. He was moving up a section from the rear of the truck to the front selection area and was hit by a car traveling about 55 mph. He was thrown and bounced around the package car quite severly. His adrenaline was flowing and he thought he was ok and management agreed. Sure he's fine Next day he could hardly see straight due to retinal damage sustained in the crash. If this was your kid; I think you might send him to the emergency room or at least the clinic. (to much money, if we wait maybe we can say he did it off the clock)

About a year later, I was parked on the shoulder of a two lane black top 50 mph hwy. I went to select a package and smash, the next thing I know I'm thrown against my pu pieces and the back into the windshield and gear shift. An F250 Had slammed into my truck and pushed it into the ditch causing it to strike trees.

What were my first thoughts? First thought was "should I help the other driver but I knew I shouldn't move him. Next thought was not am I ok. It was were the four ways on? was the hand brake on? was I far enough off the road?

I called it into my center manager. Mike;"I have been involved in a severe accident." With sterness he replied Is the other vehicle damaged, Is the driver ok, is the package car damaged. Never an are you ok. priorities. I was angry yet happy to be alive.

The first to arrive on the scene was our solid, straight foreward oncar. I told the oncar you know what mike(center manager) told me and explained the above. The oncar went back to his/her vehicle and made a call. (surely to the center manager stating the lack of care for his employee) With in 15 minutes the whole center management team(center manager and 2 oncars) was on the scene. The F250 guy who was wearing a seat belt and had an airbag deployed was strapped to a board and loaded into an ambulance. The emt's said that I should probably also get in an ambulance and go to the ER. center manager saying ah your tough your ok in addition to my being happy to be alive kept me from going.

The whole management team was on area and saw my mangled package car smashed into trees in the ditch yet none of them recommended that I go to the emergency room or even the clinic. If I was one of their children or even one of their dogs I would have received medical attention that day. center manager took me back to the bldg. On route he says we can always get another package car we can't get another one of u. Great 2 hours in and a I had to talk to oncar about center manager's insincerity and now he cares. I wake up the next morning bruised severely on the chest, arm and face. I then go into work, get the papers, file the injury report and go to the clinic. Thank god that I had no internal bleeding or a closed head injury.

So spare us your UPS bS, keep towing the line, don't ever,ever act like you care . My accident and the other accident in our center:neither driver went to the ER. We were both hit at over 50mph while in the back of the package car. Between the two 6 full time managers were on the scene. I don't know if it's cost control or what but we both should have been ordered to go to the ER (work as directed)

Spin it what ever way you want kid, and maybe you'll be ceo someday

until you've lived it you won't know

I have seen like posts and am sure that many more of these caring incidents have happened at big brown.

#1angelfan

tie,
i would really hate to work for you, i don't know what kind of management you are in, but the management at the hub i work at seem like angels compared to you.

FromBluetoBrown

The VT comment was just a funny anecdote. Not harmful to anyone. Just a foot in the mouth comment, I guess; and it was surely imperative and pertinent to this post. I hope the VT poster had no relation to anyone of these victims whose families also deserve our prayers and/or he was very shaken by your comments.; He may think of this tragedy daily. If this was the case; I would hope that you would be banned from this forum. I wonder how often you think of our fellow upser who perished.

Its allright Brownedout. I'm sure there wasn't any malice intended from tieguy and yes I did know some people there were present at the time of the shooting they are alive and well. So no harm done.

tieguy

Banned
Right again as always exhaulted one as I have not seen a post on this site where you were wrong.

You keep trying to moonwalk away from responsibility. This is not about me being right or wrong. Its about you desecrating the reputation of a dead upser and then mocking his family after doing so.

tieguy

Banned
tie,
i would really hate to work for you, i don't know what kind of management you are in,
but the management at the hub i work at seem like angels compared to you.

If you are a whiner and complainer who expects others to carry their weight for them and hides behind the union every time they screw up then you would hate working for me.

If you are the kind of person who comes in to work with a positive attitude and makes a sincere effort to do a good job ( I don't need a superstar) then I think we would have a good time at work.

You're responding to a post where I beat on the former type who desecrated the image and reputation of a dedicated ups who lost his life while working for us. If you can't understand that point then I don't know what else to tell you.

tieguy

Banned
And here lies the problem. All about him. Not UPS...not us.....him:dissapointed:

Are we now pouting my son? Pissed because I told you that you don't understand the contract and that you need to attend your locals contract review meeting? Oh well.

I responded to a post on me as a boss. In such a context the use of the pronoun "I" would be correct. Had you gotten an education you would have understood this point.

ogrelord

Ground Down
Tie guy why don't you lay off king and go after some one who understans the contract a touch better then king? All your going to do is sour him towards UPS. Is that your goal to make him think every Sup's an :censored2:. Why don't you go after me or or 705. why you picking on a rookie? Is this the way you feel like a big man? Tie your eskew lap dog. The way to you talk to people and the way your repesent UPS is not very good. matter of fact Your just an internet bully who like to pick on and twist peoples words. how long have you worked for UPS tie? where you ever an hourly worker? or were you hire from the out side and have no understanding of what it's like to be an hourly. Tie leave king alone and attack me for a change, i can take your bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: commets. Your like every other UPS SUP, a LIAR. Everything you say has a slant on it, and has no basis for an hourly worker. Say something to me you bully. you want a verbal battle with someone have one with me you Puss*. that's right a called you a PUSS*...

diesel96

Tie guy why don't you lay off king and go after some one who understans the contract a touch better then king? All your going to do is sour him towards UPS. Is that your goal to make him think every Sup's an A$. Why don't you go after me or or 705. why you picking on a rookie? Is this the way you feel like a big man? Tie your eskew lap dog. The way to you talk to people and the way your repesent UPS is not very good. matter of fact Your just an internet bully who like to pick on and twist peoples words. how long have you worked for UPS tie? where you ever an hourly worker? or were you hire from the out side and have no understanding of what it's like to be an hourly. Tie leave king alone and attack me for a change, i can take your bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: commets. Your like every other UPS SUP, a LIAR. Everything you say has a slant on it, and has no basis for an hourly worker. Say something to me you bully. you want a verbal battle with someone have one with me you Puss*. that's right a called you a PUSS*...

Wow Shrek, I'm not here to defend Tieguy (he does a good job of that on his own intelligently without cussing), but did you wake up on the wrong side of your trailer? Can't you insult someone without being vulgar. Were all adults in here on this public forum,why not start acting like one. I'm sure Cheryl is going to have to take time out of her day to remind you of BC's terms of agreement.

D

down about brown

read your post and please ask yourself.... Who is Dum??? Did you mean dumb??

kingOFchester

Are we now pouting my son? Pissed because I told you that you don't understand the contract and that you need to attend your locals contract review meeting? Oh well.

I responded to a post on me as a boss. In such a context the use of the pronoun "I" would be correct. Had you gotten an education you would have understood this point.
You appear to me to be an arrogant, insulting and offensive, person. You state that I do not know the contract but yet you are the one that gave me misinformation. I stated that the insurance I will receive is not the insurance I was told I would receive. Now being that I am a better man them you, I will not entertain your repulsive posts. Have a good day!!

kingOFchester

Tie guy why don't you lay off king and go after some one who understans the contract a touch better then king? All your going to do is sour him towards UPS. Is that your goal to make him think every Sup's an A$. Why don't you go after me or or 705. why you picking on a rookie? Is this the way you feel like a big man? Tie your eskew lap dog. The way to you talk to people and the way your repesent UPS is not very good. matter of fact Your just an internet bully who like to pick on and twist peoples words. how long have you worked for UPS tie? where you ever an hourly worker? or were you hire from the out side and have no understanding of what it's like to be an hourly. Tie leave king alone and attack me for a change, i can take your bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: commets. Your like every other UPS SUP, a LIAR. Everything you say has a slant on it, and has no basis for an hourly worker. Say something to me you bully. you want a verbal battle with someone have one with me you Puss*. that's right a called you a PUSS*...
thanks buddy!! Don't worry about this guy, I have gotten into far more heated debates with far better people, on the outside and on message boards.