Will we still have overtime if the new contract passes?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
As much as I am against the 22.4, the company can't get anyone to drive as a FT driver now. I don't see how they think a lower paying job is going to suddenly bring people out to drive on weekends for less money.
They will hire them from off the street and there will be no shortage of applicants.

UpsYours

You will always have OT on days when you work ,problem will be will there be volume on mondays and poss .fridays for you to work.?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I heard UPS is hiring 1.2 BILLION 22.4s. SKY IS FALLING @Bubblehead
Nope, they will be hiring 25% in 22.4's....while still utilizing cover drivers, vacation replacements, seasonal drivers, and single day vacation drivers, while still violating with air drivers whenever they think nobody is watching.

Doesn't the fact that the Company agreed to let everyone on the 9.5 list make you take pause, at least a little bit?
What was their motivation there, if they don't plan on reducing OT across the board?

Explain to me why the Company would keep me out there at $55/hr plus, when they have a $20/hr option?

If you're a package car driver that depends on 50 hours or more a week to make your nut, you might want to rethink your budget going forward, if this contract is ratified.

babboo25

Banned
Nope, they will be hiring 25% in 22.4's....and vacation replacements, seasonal drivers, and single day vacation driver, while still violating with air drivers whenever they think nobody is watching.

Doesn't the fact that the Company agreed to let everyone on the 9.5 list make you take pause, at least a little bit?
What was their motivation there, if they don't plan on reducing OT across the board?

Explain to me why the Company would keep me out there at $55/hr plus, when they have a $20/hr option?

If you're a package car driver that depends on 50 hours or more a week to make your nut, you might want to rethink your budget going forward, if this contract is ratified.
If you’re any employee at any job that depends on 50 hours on a 40 hour guarantee then you’re just plain ol stupid. We were all basically on the 9.5 list anyway, all you had to do was sign a piece of paper. Explain to me how you think your management team is competent enough to use 22.4s wisely.
Look at the dispatch everyday, some have 8 hours, some 11, why doesn’t anyone complain about that pay difference?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
here it seems nobody part time wants the driving job anymore. they've been hiring off the street for awhile now and there either quitting or getting disqualified just as fast. I'm wondering if they will make it easier to qualify for a 22.4?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you’re any employee at any job that depends on 50 hours on a 40 hour guarantee then you’re just plain ol stupid. We were all basically on the 9.5 list anyway, all you had to do was sign a piece of paper. Explain to me how you think your management team is competent enough to use 22.4s wisely.
Look at the dispatch everyday, some have 8 hours, some 11, why doesn’t anyone complain about that pay difference?
It's simple, the Company used to subscribe to the notion that it was cheaper to pay OT, than to put another truck on the road.
That was before they were offered a permanent, half priced option.

I'm not suggesting that it will be like flipping a light switch, but as they get these half priced drivers up and running, I submit they will be used to limit as much OT, for as many real package car drivers as possible.

I'll ask you again, doesn't the fact that the Company agreed to let everyone on the 9.5 list make you take pause, at least a little bit?
....and no, everybody there was not already on the list.
They had to have been violated once (a freebie for the Company every 5 months).

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Nope, they will be hiring 25% in 22.4's....while still utilizing cover drivers, vacation replacements, seasonal drivers, and single day vacation drivers, while still violating with air drivers whenever they think nobody is watching.

This may be a case of be careful what you ask for.......I agree with you that there is a strong possibility that this is a plan and it is what members asked for the union and the company to address ......that being said in my time at ups there plans are always significantly off and somehow always seem to have the top rate drivers punching out after the drivers in progression by almost 2 hours a day..... they never seem to address it because of there planned day metric and stops per car metric and as we all know those metrics are more important than making the company money

MangoMango

Because it's cheaper to use one driver. period