Will we still have overtime if the new contract passes?

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
daimler-amazon-sprinter-vans-parked.jpg

STFU

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And I rent out my basement for $1200 a month just to make ends meet. We live in different worlds my friend.
See, now that's where "autonomy" should come into play?....cost of living.

Instead, for the most part, "autonomy" is used to make us view the National Master differently and vote on it for different reasons.

It's every man, woman, and hermaphrodite for themselves, trying to "carve out" the best deal for themselves, at the expense of their "peer" (80's).

browned out

If this POS goes thru, Kiss most of your OT goodbye. The Union and the company have repeatitdy REFUSED to answer the right to OT question I think this deception is going to lead to a failure to fulfill duty of fair representation in contract negotiation case. The issue has many similarities with the DFR case below. The union has not addressed or in any way presented info on how OT will be issued and who has the right to extra work. This is A major change in working conditions and compensation. The members need to be informed of the possibility of losing $30000+ a year and losing over $150000 over the 5 year term. We need to have concrete language that is not open to Interpretation stating that OT will be offered by seniority to RPCDs 1st AS IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN. Then offered to 22.4s and forced in reverse. If specific language is not included, UPS can dispatch OT to 22.4s before you see any OT. If that happens I think the union is setting itself up for a case like the one below.
Duty of Fair Representation is Violated When Certain Changes are Negotiated Without Members Being Noticed – Messing Adam & Jasmine LLP

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If this POS goes thru, Kiss most of your OT goodbye.

Don't sign the 9.5 list.

It will still be cheaper to pay a RPCD overtime, than put a 22.4 driver on the road.

The union has not addressed or in any way presented info on how OT will be issued and who has the right to extra work.

Extra work has been defined as "unplanned or unscheduled" work.

As such, it is a supplemental issue, not related to the master language.

If a driver feels there is a violation, thats' what the grievance procedure is for.

We need to have concrete language that is not open to Interpretation stating that OT will be offered by seniority to RPCDs 1st AS IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN.

When and where, has that ever happened ?

Are you saying the company (on a daily basis) is required to go around and

solicit every driver if they want OT for the day.... and then adjust the entire dispatch ?

I think this deception is going to lead to a failure to fulfill duty of fair representation in contract negotiation case. The issue has many similarities with the DFR case below. Duty of Fair Representation is Violated When Certain Changes are Negotiated Without Members Being Noticed – Messing Adam & Jasmine LLP

Sorry, but their not even similar.

By all means.... if that is the prevailing thought.... file the charge.

-Bug-

rpoz11

If the language does pass, it's going to be interesting to see who "opts out" of 9.5.

Personally, I think this whole 22.4 issue has been overblown by outside people.

-Bug-

Overblown,
Today you say that.
And who are the "outside people"?

Quite directly I presented several points to a local officer and this person could not answer the immediate and long term affects of this 22.4 position.

The strength of the contract language and the effectiveness of leadership to not allow this 22.4 to spiral out of control will be something to see if this is voted into existence.

Interestingly enough, conversations with current FT drivers right in front of the potential 22.4 drivers coming in haven't shown me the concerns they should have.
These folks have at least 10-25 years remaining to meet peer.

These will be the affected workers, the dues paying union members who will suffer if this is allowed to be exploited.