Will we still have overtime if the new contract passes?

F

Frankie's Friend

If you’re any employee at any job that depends on 50 hours on a 40 hour guarantee then you’re just plain ol stupid. We were all basically on the 9.5 list anyway, all you had to do was sign a piece of paper. Explain to me how you think your management team is competent enough to use 22.4s wisely.
Look at the dispatch everyday, some have 8 hours, some 11, why doesn’t anyone complain about that pay difference?
First, about your demeaning folks for needing extra money have you seen the price of a college credit hour lately? I have a friend who has 3 children in college at the same time. Health issues in families also play a part in set backs. It's not all black and white.

On 22.4s and dispatch. The system is and will be getting smarter if these jobs are allowed. Money talks.

F

Frankie's Friend

This may be a case of be careful what you ask for.......I agree with you that there is a strong possibility that this is a plan and it is what members asked for the union and the company to address ......that being said in my time at ups there plans are always significantly off and somehow always seem to have the top rate drivers punching out after the drivers in progression by almost 2 hours a day..... they never seem to address it because of there planned day metric and stops per car metric and as we all know those metrics are more important than making the company money
Dispatchers are facilitators. The system will get smarter and I believe that one day not to far off the complete dispatch will be pretty much done minus the human dispatcher. Obviously some of these people have no clue about customers, logistics, and how to make routes flow to be efficient anyway.

panther

I've been with UPS for 25 years. I've gotten 55-60 hours a week consistently even when I was a "part-timer", through every occasional flavor of the month putting enough drivers in (it does happen). If you want it it will be given to you. There is no way they can force a day off if even one 22.4 is working that day. 100% paid grievance. It blows my mind that people are worried about this. Of course UPS will count on those drivers taking the day if their route is cut. That is the drivers decision.
I'm not worried about being forced off if a 22.4 is working "that day". I'm worried about people being forced off on mondays due to 22.4's on saturdays and routes being cut to the bone and the infamous "as long as work is available". And spare me the supplement language non sense.

babboo25

Banned
First, about your demeaning folks for needing extra money have you seen the price of a college credit hour lately? I have a friend who has 3 children in college at the same time. Health issues in families also play a part in set backs. It's not all black and white.

On 22.4s and dispatch. The system is and will be getting smarter if these jobs are allowed. Money talks.
That’s not the same thing Ben Ben. If OT is available that’s one thing but to plan your budget around it is irresponsible.

clipperman

If you’re any employee at any job that depends on 50 hours on a 40 hour guarantee then you’re just plain ol stupid. We were all basically on the 9.5 list anyway, all you had to do was sign a piece of paper. Explain to me how you think your management team is competent enough to use 22.4s wisely.
Look at the dispatch everyday, some have 8 hours, some 11, why doesn’t anyone complain about that pay difference?
You guys are guaranteed 40 hours a week? We are guaranteed 8 on the days we are scheduled to work,nothing if you’re not scheduled,is that language that’s in you’re supplement?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

christ don't remind me
Two years on a part time wage (at $16 an hour!) barely covers 1 year of tuition. I need to complete two years, therefore sentencing me to 4 years of UPS.

F

Frankie's Friend

That’s not the same thing Ben Ben. If OT is available that’s one thing but to plan your budget around it is irresponsible.
It doesnt start out that way is what I'm saying. Things happen and people need more income.
They ask for extra overtime. I've seen people beg to work on their vacations because of a sudden illness in the family.

You dont control life. You deal with it day by day and if things fall apart then you react.

babboo25

Banned
It doesnt start out that way is what I'm saying. Things happen and people need more income.
They ask for extra overtime. I've seen people beg to work on their vacations because of a sudden illness in the family.

You dont control life. You deal with it day by day and if things fall apart then you react.
I’m not referring to anything you are saying, I’m talking about people who live outside of their means, buying $300k houses, $50k boats and trucks. It’s amazing to me that on this very forum almost this entire clique was complaining about excessive OT and now you’re all worried about getting your 40, careful what you wish for.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’m not referring to anything you are saying, I’m talking about people who live outside of their means, buying $300k houses, $50k boats and trucks. It’s amazing to me that on this very forum almost this entire clique was complaining about excessive OT and now you’re all worried about getting your 40, careful what you wish for.
Excessive OT is 10.5+ hour days. People don't mind SOME OT, but don't want to work their life away either. Big difference between OT and excessive OT.

F

Frankie's Friend

I never complain about it. I get on the 9.5 list if I need a break. It's not rocket science.

panther

Excessive OT is 10.5+ hour days. People don't mind SOME OT, but don't want to work their life away either. Big difference between OT and excessive OT.
I don't mind a big day if its my work as much as 11 hrs of my work plus somebody else's area.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

300k buys you a 900 sqr ft ranch fixer upper on a 75x100 plot with $8000 property taxes in a semi-halfway decent neighborhood here. thats a $2000 a month nut which is on the low end of the mortgage scale here. just sayin.

542thruNthru

300k buys you a 900 sqr ft ranch fixer upper on a 75x100 plot with $8000 property taxes in a semi-halfway decent neighborhood here. thats a $2000 a month nut which is on the low end of the mortgage scale here. just sayin.

All he is going to say is "move". Like it's that easy.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Ok so how is that UPS problem?

oh silly baboo, i wasnt trying to imply it is. just sayin ya cant paint the OT picture with such a broad brush. here for a lot of drivers its the difference between owning any kind of home at all and having a couple kids and getting in a car that starts everyday. ya do realize an hour a day OT is 12 grand a year right? i mean we are not talking chump change. you cant tell me that across the country everyone is supposed to just bank that extra 1000 - 2000 dollars a month that there getting over a straight 40 hour check. people are used to it from the first day they got that check. people are using it to sustain a average lifestyle. people need it and will struggle and possibly fail without it.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
daimler-amazon-sprinter-vans-parked.jpg

babboo25

Banned
oh silly baboo, i wasnt trying to imply it is. just sayin ya cant paint the OT picture with such a broad brush. here for a lot of drivers its the difference between owning any kind of home at all and having a couple kids and getting in a car that starts everyday. ya do realize an hour a day OT is 12 grand a year right? i mean we are not talking chump change. you cant tell me that across the country everyone is supposed to just bank that extra 1000 - 2000 dollars a month that there getting over a straight 40 hour check. people are used to it from the first day they got that check. people are using it to sustain a average lifestyle. people need it and will struggle and possibly fail without it.
I invest $1200 month in Northwestern Mutual, so yea I bank that overtime, dumb as hell not to.