Will you be tipping your preloader this coming holidays?

Raw

Raw Member
I tipped $100 years ago when I had same loader everyday but now I have a different loader almost everyday! Won`t be tipping anyone.

rod

Retired 22 years
I bet if a driver tipped a preloader at my old center he would be accuse of trying to make a move on her or him. I've never heard of tipping within the company. All this tipping crap must be an east coast thing. When I was out there everyone had their grubby hands out for a tip.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I bet if a driver tipped a preloader at my old center he would be accuse of trying to make a move on her or him. I've never heard of tipping within the company. All this tipping crap must be an east coast thing. When I was out there everyone had their grubby hands out for a tip.
Don't go to Vegas then. Even the C-store clerk has their hand out for a tip. All because they were able to read the numbers 1-9.

rod

Retired 22 years
I haven't been to Vegas in 20 years. The last time I was there it was still cheap and fun. 99 cent buffets and they would give you free drinks even if you were only playing the quarter slots.

Indecisi0n

My hand wasn't out for a tip.

Pooter

I will happily give my loader $100 just because she puts effort. Not perfect but I can see she tries.

$50 + Lunch (some days) for a good helper. If not, a good ole hand shake and :censored2:

35years

Gravy route
Footprints on a flat package on the floor today...For a nice customer.
No tip for you, Mr preloader with the tell-tale boots!

Does my loader tip the sorter who sends him the packages?
Does your center manager tip his drivers?
Internal tipping within the company? Unheard of 30 years ago.
How about the irreg guy or the mechanic or the part-time car washer?
Drivers are trying to bribe loaders for more attention to their load.
90 % of the loaders won't be here next year.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does your center manager tip his drivers?

Drivers are trying to bribe loaders for more attention to their load.

Years ago we had an on car who took the time to write each driver a personalized Christmas card. It was a small gesture that meant a lot to me.

I tip my loader to thank him for his efforts throughout the year. It has nothing to do with "bribing" him to pay more attention to my car.

ups1990

I will be tipping and tripping and spinning my loader up in the air and throwing him off the slide this Xmas.
No seriously folks.. We four loop drivers always collectively tip our loader during Xmas. Last year we had a very good loader and we gave him around $500 combined.

haller

I will be tipping and tripping and spinning my loader up in the air and throwing him off the slide this Xmas.
No seriously folks.. We four loop drivers always collectively tip our loader during Xmas. Last year we had a very good loader and we gave him around $500 combined.

I need you in my life.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I carried an irreg up four flights of stairs and some guy watched me struggling the entire time then tried to hand me 2 wrinkled up one dollar bills...I felt like saying sorry I think your 150 pound dresser broke on the way up here and carrying it back to my truck