Winning a route

UPS WORKHORSE

When you get a route, how long do you have to wait before you can re-bid? Asking in case a better route comes along.

Sent using BrownCafe App

CHALLY9TX

It varies depending where you work/local. At our hub, once you get a route, you have it until you decide to give it up. If you win a route and another one opens up next day, you can bid on it once the bid sheet goes up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Future

Victory Ride
When you get a route, how long do you have to wait before you can re-bid? Asking in case a better route comes along.

Sent using BrownCafe App
If another route comes up for bid due to retirement etc...and is placed up for bid you are entitled to bid on it at anytime within the week it is posted.UPS has a certain about of time after the x driver of that route has left it to place it up for bid.

UPS WORKHORSE

Is there anything in the contract that says this or is this a common practice thing? I just don't want to get stuck on a so so package route, and then a better one comes along.

Sent using BrownCafe App

overallowed

All routes are up for bid every two years here.
This sounds like absolute mayhem. I am in feeders, and all routes are bid every year, but there is a little different learning curve between a feeder route and a package route. The package center I came out of, you could sit on a route your whole career, and a lot do.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
We earn our routes by playing naked twister with the center manager, but we can't tell anyone or we'll lose it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We bid every year in my local. There's always a few old guys who get bored and go moving on to a new route that then tosses some people around. For the most part, however it's pretty consistent

In our local, if a route goes up for bid the highest seniority bidder gets it. No limit.

I saw one year half a dozen routes go up for bid just so two higher seniority drivers could get the routes they wanted. They couldn't get them directly so they had to give up theirs so another driver could take it, another driver take the second, and so on till the route they wanted was opened and then they bid.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
All routes are up for bid every two years here.
Might want to check again, in our supplement we rebid all routes every 2 years also, except next bid is 3, till 2018.

Article 48 section 6
(B) The Employer shall designate delivery routes in all centers and they will be bid, by center, as stated in Section 6 (a) the first Monday in February of 2015 and the first Monday in February of the last year of this agreement. Qualified package drivers will bid all the designated routes in their center. Package drivers will be on their bid area no later than May 1st of each bid year.

oldngray

nowhere special
big-boobs-funny-sign.jpg