Winning a route

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yea, you sure did.

There's stories still told in the locker room on what you did for it.
Klondike-bar-funny-e-card.png

Z

ZQXC

This sounds like absolute mayhem. I am in feeders, and all routes are bid every year, but there is a little different learning curve between a feeder route and a package route. The package center I came out of, you could sit on a route your whole career, and a lot do.

All it takes is one :censored2: at the top of the food chain to make a move and the dominoes start to fall.

barnyard

KTM rider
The OP needs to read their supplement. In my region, if you win a bid, you cannot win another bid for 1 year. If you win a bid, then turn it down, you have to wait a year. We only bid routes when someone retires or quits.

BrownArmy

In my local package routes are bid every two years.

Retirement, firings, major injuries and death open routes up outside of that timeline.

Considering that it takes about two months for management to make the switch after we all bid, I can't imagine having an annual bid.

And here, if someone with greater seniority than you bids your route, you get bumped.

The only 'lifers' here either have so much seniority that they can't be bumped, or are on a route that no one wants.

Some like to be on their own route, no matter what it's like, and will bid any route just so they have it.

I have six years in, and I just bid cover again - I'd rather move around than spend at least two years on a crap route.

I cover the crap routes, and one benefit of being cover is I know it won't last.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Is having an annual or every two year bid a union thing or is that something ups wants specific language for some reason?

outta hours

Southern region the bid winner must wait 6 months to be eligible to bid again. That does not apply to the center bid that occurs every 2 years.

Sent using BrownCafe App