Winter Driving

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I forgot all about him.
Mo Vaughn !! The Fred Lynn Syndrome !!! leaving Boston stopped their HOF careers !! they both know it !! Ohh What couldah been Dave !!
images

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
2700 hits and a .289 ave without roids and an awesome glove too!! Its a dam shame he is remembered only for the Gm 6 fiasco,but a true Red Sox fan knows it was the Gedman passed ball and a rookie reliever that blew the game and a azzwipe knucklehead manager John McNamara !! I think Buckner was in LF the nite the real HR KIng hit 715 !!
I agree they make going into the hall pretty hard. Theres a lot of good players who never made the hall and were outstanding players.

rod

Retired 22 years
Back in the early 70's they provided us with chains (and a spare tire) but all that disappeared by the late 70's. P.S. they never gave us a lug wrench or jack -- just a spare. We always had a bucket of chicken grit (much better than sand) to throw under the tires. I was lucky enough to know my route well enough to know when to stay out of certain drive ways. I very seldom got stuck ---- for long.

rod

Retired 22 years
No lug wrench....

That statement epitomizes UPS

Less Runnin, More Stunnin

Now that I think about it "some" trucks did have a lug wrench but everyone was on their own to come up with a jack. I once had a center manager throw a hissy fit because I petty cashed the 10 bucks I gave to a farmer to drive back to his place, get a hydraulic jack, drive back to me and help me change a tire. The farmer didn't want anything but I insisted--told him to buy a couple of cases of beer on UPS. (yes you could get a couple of cases back then for ten bucks)

Now that I think about it "some" trucks did have a lug wrench but everyone was on their own to come up with a jack. I once had a center manager throw a hissy fit because I petty cashed the 10 bucks I gave to a farmer to drive back to his place, get a hydraulic jack, drive back to me and help me change a tire. The farmer didn't want anything but I insisted--told him to buy a couple of cases of beer on UPS. (yes you could get a couple of cases back then for ten bucks)
1950?