Winter Gear

barnyard

KTM rider
I have added boot gaiters to my cold weather gear. When it is windy or snowing, they are awesome. They keep my pants dry, which keeps my legs warmer. Keeping the wind off my feet and legs also keeps them warmer. I bought a pair from Outdoor Research and there is at least one other in my building that wears them. She was also shocked by how effective they are.

I have added boot gaiters to my cold weather gear. When it is windy or snowing, they are awesome. They keep my pants dry, which keeps my legs warmer. Keeping the wind off my feet and legs also keeps them warmer. I bought a pair from Outdoor Research and there is at least one other in my building that wears them. She was also shocked by how effective they are.
I bought some alpaca socks in boot liners this year. I'll see how they works out.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
and you guys have a weight limit on your parcels (20 pounds). don't break a nail

tenor.gif

Mebbe @ FXE, butt FXG has a 150 lb weight limit. I just delivered a washing machine on Saturday, it was bananas!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I have been using saddle soap on the leather and did a leather conditioner at the end of the season. A local upholsterer has said that he can replace the strap if it does come off.
Is there any difference between what you wear and snake bite gaiters?

barnyard

KTM rider
Is there any difference between what you wear and snake bite gaiters?

The ones that I wear are lighter. My daughter has a pair of snake bit gaiters (she is a certified seed inspector during the summer in Montana) and hers are heavy nylon. Mine are more like a gore tex rain suit, kind of material. I suspect that they have a gore tex imitation fabric, as they are wind resistant and those membranes are awesome for stopping the wind.

If a person already had a pair of snake gaiters, I would try them. My guess is that they would be warmer than the ones that I wear.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
The ones that I wear are lighter. My daughter has a pair of snake bit gaiters (she is a certified seed inspector during the summer in Montana) and hers are heavy nylon. Mine are more like a gore tex rain suit, kind of material. I suspect that they have a gore tex imitation fabric, as they are wind resistant and those membranes are awesome for stopping the wind.

If a person already had a pair of snake gaiters, I would try them. My guess is that they would be warmer than the ones that I wear.
I'll have to try mine, I have some snake gaiters that are thick obviously to protect one from a bite. Never thought to use them for the cold though.