With economy should COLA be automatic?

542thruNthru

Is it?
By your calculation, what will be our inflation adjusted wage change?

If a cost of living adjustment leaves us with a negative wage change, you find that acceptable?
ThornyWellwornAmethystinepython-size_restricted.gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Wanna change the world? I recommend setting your sights higher than brown Cafe. :)
No, I wanted to have a light-hearted topical discussion about the COLA.

I don't really think that's all that serious, and I don't know why he was so triggered by it.

If you want to have a serious conversation, I'm open to discussing the consistent historical failures of artificial monetary supply manipulation that causes inflation, and the future of fiat currencies as we move towards a central bank backed digital dollar.

I don't think this is the right forum for that though

542thruNthru

No, I wanted to have a light-hearted topical discussion about the COLA.

I don't really think that's all that serious, and I don't know why he was so triggered by it.

If you want to have a serious conversation, I'm open to discussing the consistent historical failures of artificial monetary supply manipulation that causes inflation, and the future of fiat currencies as we move towards a central bank backed digital dollar.

I don't think this is the right forum for that though
Come on man. You're in the south. He wasn't too far off. Pretty sure you have dick breath.;)

Cowboy Mac

Automatic COLA?
At 8% yearly inflation:
After 9 years, a $1,000,000 retirement/pension, will only have $472K in purchasing power.
People don’t understand how much they are being robbed.
We say on Browncafe that we put up with so much harassment and BS because the money is good. UPS pays the best. What happens when they don’t pay the best anymore and continue to treat us the same?