Work car MPG hacks "On Topic"

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There's got to be more people that drive 3 to 500 miles per week in their personal vehicle and enjoy trying to get every mpg they can out of their rig. What do you drive and whats your mpg? Have you done anything that actually improved it?
I drive over 500 miles per week.

Getting to work and home as quickly as possible is all I'm worried about. A few mpg ain't gonna break me. So I'm not worried about it.

I would however love to make it all week on one tank but very few vehicles get over 500 miles per tank.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Getting to work and home as quickly as possible is all I'm worried about. A few mpg ain't gonna break me. So I'm not worried about it.

I would however love to make it all week on one tank but very few vehicles get over 500 miles per tank.

Unless I drive down to visit my grand kids, I don't even drive 500 miles in a month----heck, maybe even two months.

I average almost 30 mpg in the city and just shy of 40 mpg on the highway.

Brownslave688

As far as changes I put high quality plugs in the engine, removed all my tools spare tire jack and smog components. " ive got AAA anyhow" I also removed the air breather and made a diy cold air intake. Im now experimenting with a pure acetone additive to boost octane. Got a obd2 plug piece in my amazon cart so i can see what kind of mpg im getting.
Yeah get 4 more mpg but burn your engine up 50k miles before it would of.

Should save you tons of money smh.

Brownslave688

Unless I drive down to visit my grand kids, I don't even drive 500 miles in a month----heck, maybe even two months.

I average almost 30 mpg in the city and just shy of 40 mpg on the highway.
We drive a lot not just to work but we travel a lot too.

Yukon had 7 miles on I think when we bought it last year. 26k miles on it now.

Before I transferred I drove 10 miles per WEEK. It's been the most difficult part of the move

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Yeah get 4 more mpg but burn your engine up 50k miles before it would of.

Should save you tons of money smh.
Pure acetone is 150 octane mixed at 2 ounces per 10 gallons. Basically just boosting the cheapest gas to premium gas. Acetone is actually the primary ingredient in fuel additive to clean them and boost performance.

Brownslave688

Pure acetone is 150 octane mixed at 2 ounces per 10 gallons. Basically just boosting the cheapest gas to premium gas. Acetone is actually the primary ingredient in fuel additive to clean them and boost performance.
Low end cars are built to run most efficiently on low end fuel.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!

When i get to the day where i dont have to worry about it breaking me I will probably be driving my avalanche everyday with AC on high.
Grievance hearing coming up in October will be the deciding factor. Lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_0204.JPG