Work car MPG hacks "On Topic"

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
My 2015 Altima just turned over 21K.
My 2011 VeeDub had just over 42k before selling it this year.

lolsuckit.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When i get to the day where i dont have to worry about it breaking me I will probably be driving my avalanche everyday with AC on high.
Grievance hearing coming up in October will be the deciding factor. Lol
Modern cars are more fuel efficient with the a/c on. I hope you don't drive with the windows down thinking you're saving money.

Over 70

I drive a 2014 Chevy cruze diesel. I deleted the DPF, EGR, DEF systems on it, have it tuned, straight piped and I get 33mpg in town and 52mpg on the highway with cruze at 70. Sometimes far better depending on wind/terrain. I've had 50+ mile stretches over 60mpg.

Car is putting out around 200hp and 330ft/lbs of torque.

I can get over 1000 miles on a tank if I trickle fill it to the rim which is around 18 gallons. It will only take 15 or less if you quit when it clicks from all the foam.

Faceplanted

I drive a 2014 Chevy cruze diesel. I deleted the DPF, EGR, DEF systems on it, have it tuned, straight piped and I get 33mpg in town and 52mpg on the highway with cruze at 70. Sometimes far better depending on wind/terrain. I've had 50+ mile stretches over 60mpg.

I can get over 1000 miles on a tank if I trickle fill it to the rim which is around 18 gallons. It will only take 15 or less if you quit when it clicks from all the foam.
Those diesel cruise's are no joke when it comes to mpg.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!

Now thats impressive. I will have to look into those.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Then I come in with my 03 excursion with a v10. Whopping 11 mpg. So glad its 16 miles one way. To work. 44 gallon tank. Burns half each week..

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Then I come in with my 03 excursion with a v10. Whopping 11 mpg. So glad its 16 miles one way. To work. 44 gallon tank. Burns half each week..
I loved my excursion but that thing got worse gas mileage than anything i have ever drove. I lived really close to my work at that time so it didnt bother me as much.