Work Life Balance

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Our salary doesn’t cover sleep. I dispatch & covered for my manager last week & my DM came unglued for me not being on a 1745 local sort call. I go to bed at 1800. He told me to “figure out my life,” if I couldn’t handle the job I needed to go.
and that is why the 40-45 hr week will never work in Operations..your DM is proof of that. Ours would be the same way...

You guys actually have a local sort call for the Division? That is a problem right there...

UPSER1987

and that is why the 40-45 hr week will never work in Operations..your DM is proof of that. Ours would be the same way...

You guys actually have a local sort call for the Division? That is a problem right there...
Those types of DMs are the worst jackasses ever. They expect you to be at your best 24/7….sleep is your personal problem.
The local sort sup couldn’t cover a call? Pretty unrealistic for one person to dispatch, cover the center manager AND be on a local sort call? That’s just stupid.
Work/life balance has been, is and always will be for non operational management. Ironically, the people that need it the least.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Did any of you bid route drivers get the "work-life balance" sheet that you're supposed to fill out and give to management? Its hysterical. Asks for things like "what do you need to make better service for your customers?" and "how can dispatch improve your route?"

I threw mine out. Any suggestions I make will inevitably :censored2: my route up.

elo

Trying to figure out where they hid the body.

It’s a glaring problem. The DM is panicking over this TSP stuff. We’re a rural center with a 9k pc local sort, we have 2 pt sups, so the manager handles the call. It leaves a communication gap for the sups.