Work Life Balance

MrWonderful

Have you seen Carol’s latest video on work life balance? What do you think will be the solution? Friday off all summer? Work from home all the times for those who can?

542thruNthru

Have you seen Carol’s latest video on work life balance? What do you think will be the solution? Friday off all summer? Work from home all the times for those who can?
You must be young and new to working. Companies always say things about work life balance and all that crap.

I bet you also think you're a valuable team member also.

Nothing will change.

Pullman Brown

This reminds me of sample polling for elections. Absolutely worthless. I heard her some time back make the case that since becoming CEO that more people would recommend UPS. Really- who are you asking. I guarantee you it’s not representative of the company! Going against reality has consequences. Reality always punches back!

rod

Retired 22 years
A certain driver used to deliver packages off the clock on the way home out of his personal vehicle. Is that the same as "work from home"?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
If you're management, you have to stay awake for 6 hours per day. Aunt Carol said it's wildly important or she would personally come spank your worthless ass.

MrWonderful

Nope, not young and new to working. But, hey, if company got rid of yearly bonus, turkeys then one can hope that it will give something else in return like Fridays off (at least for the summer)

FonzieG

BrownOil Salesman
That's misleading brother, the video was about Coyote, Ukraine, Women's Day, other ESG virtue signaling, new Leadership Framework, new training programs, and maybe like 10 seconds of actual 'work-life balance'. As far as WLB, I think she's referring mainly to non-management operations folk. Looks like PVD's year round

DaveA

That's misleading brother, the video was about Coyote, Ukraine, Women's Day, other ESG virtue signaling, new Leadership Framework, new training programs, and maybe like 10 seconds of actual 'work-life balance'. As far as WLB, I think she's referring mainly to non-management operations folk. Looks like PVD's year round
Disagree. I think both. In Carol we trust. She has been great so far.

elo

Trying to figure out where they hid the body.
Unfortunately, I’m one of those who hardly sleep. Too much work, too little time.
Our salary doesn’t cover sleep. I dispatch & covered for my manager last week & my DM came unglued for me not being on a 1745 local sort call. I go to bed at 1800. He told me to “figure out my life,” if I couldn’t handle the job I needed to go.