Vacation and Worker's Comp

Marinedad

I live in the Southern Region and would like to know if I still get my vacation time next year even though I'm on worker's comp. It'd be pretty messed up if I lost my benefits due to an injury that UPS caused.
In 2019 I had shoulder surgery and was out a little under 6 months. I received my entire 6 weeks vacation. I was told by my local that the union will pay into my pension for 1 year while on workers comp and after 6 months on workers comp your vacations that you are earning for the following year will be pro rated based on when you returned to active duty

charm299

In 2019 I had shoulder surgery and was out a little under 6 months. I received my entire 6 weeks vacation. I was told by my local that the union will pay into my pension for 1 year while on workers comp and after 6 months on workers comp your vacations that you are earning for the following year will be pro rated based on when you returned to active duty
Southern region?

Marinedad

I live in the Southern Region and would like to know if I still get my vacation time next year even though I'm on worker's comp. It'd be pretty messed up if I lost my benefits due to an injury that UPS caused.
In my region you keep your health insurance for one year after going on comp. After one year we lose our health coverage. The Union pays into our pension for 1 year after going on comp. As far as vacation time we get our full amount of weeks if we are out less than 6 months. If you’re out less than a year you should be ok but still check with your local business agent