working christmas eve?

yeldarb

I have never minded working christmas eve. Holiday pay + 1.5 hourly rate. Just as long as I get off at a decent time. There are no pickups.

JaxHubPreLoader

I checked the contract it said nothing about having christmas eve off so its all good I coulda sworn we had christmas eve off oh well :D..co-workers are gonna fel like asses when i show em what it says in the contract :lol: and I work the sunday-thursday deal so doubt theyd have us come in on saturday although it would be nice to have sunday off.

A

Airforce One

Yes, Some hub that work Sun - Thurs are scheduled to work Sun (X-mas Eve).. Nothing is firmed at this date.

Working on a Sunday is double time for anyone who is not scheduled to work that day as their regular work day. i.e. sun- thurs.Dont bet on getting any 2x , the company will clean things up on saturday and sunday will be a day of rest.Amen!

Braveheart

I heard a rumor that we'll be working christmas eve. Anyone heard this rumor yet?
We will work Sat but I doubt Sun. If you have 60 hours then no sun or if by Fri then no Sat. Try to reduce send agains so we will not have as much to deliver Sat. They started doing OCA and LTRBX pickups a couple years ago on XMAS EVE but this year will be worse. I bet we have full pick up route Fri and all the LTRBXS and OCAS plus regular Sat pick up stuff too! ZERO FAMILY VALUES AT UPS! I will not be working Sunday period. Next contract should allow us to have off XMAS EVE if it falls on a weekend. Let the sups do it like they use too.

S

Santa Clause

Why should management do it like they used to? Don't they have families like you? You think they want to work a Sunday or Christmas Eve any more than you? You act like your time off is more important than anyone else. It's not. It's the same.
Get a clue.

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
They'd have to pay me 6.5x my rate to show up on a Sunday! What about church? Not all of us are atheist or Jahova's Whitness.

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Santa Claus is a {deleted by moderator}. Stay anonymous you coward! My time is definately more important than yours.

beentheredonethat

We will work Sat but I doubt Sun. If you have 60 hours then no sun or if by Fri then no Sat. Try to reduce send agains so we will not have as much to deliver Sat. They started doing OCA and LTRBX pickups a couple years ago on XMAS EVE but this year will be worse. I bet we have full pick up route Fri and all the LTRBXS and OCAS plus regular Sat pick up stuff too! ZERO FAMILY VALUES AT UPS! I will not be working Sunday period. Next contract should allow us to have off XMAS EVE if it falls on a weekend. Let the sups do it like they use too.
Braveheart, kind of ironic, that in a post you made a little while ago, you suggested 'nitpicking' back at the company and filing grievance for supvs working. Now in this post, you are saying the supvs should do bargaining unit work. Also, I don't want to preach to anyone, but using a shortcut for Christmas as done above "X" does demean the holiday and the reason why we celebrate. I doubt we will work on Sunday (Christmas Eve) this year, but we will all be out on Saturday. This peak in my opinion will be even harder then last year. Hopefully the planning goes well, and HR can hire enough Peak drivers and helpers.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Why should management do it like they used to? Don't they have families like you? You think they want to work a Sunday or Christmas Eve any more than you? You act like your time off is more important than anyone else. It's not. It's the same.
Get a clue.
You spend 24 hours with your family? True families don't care about working until 8pm on xmas eve. True families spend plenty of time together, not just on Xmas eve and Xmas. Plus being that my family loves me, they would understand that it's my job. It's not like we're working chistmas day or anything. For fricks sake, it's the EVE of christmas!

retired2000

in the 30 years that i worked for big brown i am sure christmas eve had to fall on a sunday at least once. i can never remember working on a christmas eve that fell on a sunday. so do not worry and let your blood pressure drop a little

last christmas we wound up working on christmas eve {saturday} but they had to have sups from other centers come in to chauffer us with our 60hrs in around.