Working Christmas

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Exactly. If I were getting a package, and a drive showed up at my door on xmas day, I'd call UPS and complain. No only is it wrong to force people to work that day, it's equally as wrong to show up to peoples houses on xmas to deliver a package. I'd be pi$$ed if some company interrupted my families holiday.
What's wrong is your avatar. Why?

Faceplanted

Well gee whiz. I didn't realize we were talking about something straight out of Street Outlaws. I thought you were pining for the days of Volvo P-1800's and Citroen 2-CV's as mentioned in the Jalopnik article (neither of which is a 10 sec daily driver street car).

My bad. Go find a Z06 to embarass.
Your assuming I have no grasping of modern technology. I'm proving I do as I have used these crazy new modern ideas us u speak of first hand.
ya know, maybe we should take a minute and be thankful we do get these days off contractually. my son just recently started an job at an assisted living facility and he worked thanksgiving and is working Christmas too. its going to be the fist year without him. i mean there are HUNDREDS of jobs that require holiday work because life doesn't take a pause for a holiday. and i figure MOST of those folk don't make what we do to stay home.
many of us took this job because of the weekends and holidays off. I know that had a lot to do with my decision . People who work in hotels, medical ect know what they are getting into, ups is changing while those jobs are the same

Happy to see some people who will not work, and you guys who would consider it, think of your brothers with families who might start being expected to work thanks to the precident you are setting. This is a prime example of how we should look out for each other, and prevent a future of more worker abuse, we already lost Black Friday.

If its that bad management can go in.

BUCN85

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1450922762.911753.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your assuming I have no grasping of modern technology. I'm proving I do as I have used these crazy new modern ideas us u speak of first hand.

many of us took this job because of the weekends and holidays off. I know that had a lot to do with my decision . People who work in hotels, medical ect know what they are getting into, ups is changing while those jobs are the same

Happy to see some people who will not work, and you guys who would consider it, think of your brothers with families who might start being expected to work thanks to the precident you are setting. This is a prime example of how we should look out for each other, and prevent a future of more worker abuse, we already lost Black Friday.

If its that bad management can go in.
Like I have said before. We will find out in 2.5 years who is willing to walk to have holidays guaranteed off.

Holydriver

Ask if anyone needs help. These centers that are bringing back stops. Unless every person there is working 12 hours a day they aren't running the center right.
yea but sometimes its not safe for drivers to help. our country guys work late, in town get home early. and you cant be helping a driver in a small truck when you are in a 1000

9.5 everyday

We were told that drivers are only delivering packages that look like they would be presents on Christmas Day....... Um, the last I checked, it's peak. All 30,000 packages going through our center daily are freaking presents. I'm not a rocket surgeon, but last I checked, our volume is up in December because that's all we are delivering. If we were to graph our volume throughout the year, December would be at the peak of the graph. Coincidence? I think not. [emoji409][emoji408]

Holydriver

Welcome to the new murika!!!! Where money and useless crap trumps family and community.

Mark my words, if people actually volunteer it will become expected in the years to come. What ever happened to business ethics and morality.

But than again if people stopped buying useless crap the idea of planned obsolence will fail and so will the economy. Great system huh?

Work money buy!! Work money buy. I'll be spending time doing something positive and hanging around positivity, not satisfying ups and their new ideology
good for you, buddy, but not everyone thinks the way you do....

9.5 everyday

And to add to it, we had 5 tools sign the list to work. Most of these are younger guys without family's. 5 years or more from now when they have families and have to work Christmas Day I hope they reflect back and realize it's all their fault. And that the extra couple hundred bucks to work wasn't worth it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And to add to it, we had 5 tools sign the list to work. Most of these are younger guys without family's. 5 years or more from now when they have families and have to work Christmas Day I hope they reflect back and realize it's all their fault. And that the extra couple hundred bucks to work wasn't worth it.
It might very well be worth it to them. Young kids are gonna be up and have Christmas over before dad leaves for work.

Also sorry son Santa couldn't quite get everything delivered last night so dad had to go to work and help him finish. You just became the coolest dad in the world.