Working Christmas

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You pick up the phone, and call in. If they don't answer, call another center. If they don't answer, you call your sup, if they don't answer, you text your sup. You document your calls if they say you were a no call no show.
I would just take the suspension or whatever and not even worry about this. Fire me. If this is the direction things are headed I don't want to be a part of it anyway.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would just take the suspension or whatever and not even worry about this. Fire me. If this is the direction things are headed I don't want to be a part of it anyway.
Quit being such a :censored2:ing cry baby.

Oh I never get to drive. I'm always laid off. Oh my god they want me to work a holiday.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
ya know, maybe we should take a minute and be thankful we do get these days off contractually. my son just recently started an job at an assisted living facility and he worked thanksgiving and is working Christmas too. its going to be the fist year without him. i mean there are HUNDREDS of jobs that require holiday work because life doesn't take a pause for a holiday. and i figure MOST of those folk don't make what we do to stay home.

moldsporh

Does anyone have calendars from previous years? Post a pic of the Thanksgiving and Christmas days and you will see it didn't say "Christmas" I'm fairly sure it said "Christmas....UPS Holiday"

Now it just reads ..."Christmas"

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Quit being such a :censored2:ing cry baby.

Oh I never get to drive. I'm always laid off. Oh my god they want me to work a holiday.
Must've missed where I signed up for a 24/7/365, cockbanger. We're not the railroad. There's plenty of jobs that work holidays that I wouldn't mind because I knew that was part of it and what I was getting into.

Johney

The man stood in front of us during a PCM and specifically stated that the pay would be triple time. He then corrected himself a week or so later.
I would give him credit where credit is due, he could have sucked a few drivers in with the triple time promise knowing they'd be boned, yet didn't and maned up to the truth.

TheFigurehead

If I were a scheduled pickup, any shipper I saw running on Christmas Day would be losing my account.

Exactly. If I were getting a package, and a drive showed up at my door on xmas day, I'd call UPS and complain. No only is it wrong to force people to work that day, it's equally as wrong to show up to peoples houses on xmas to deliver a package. I'd be pi$$ed if some company interrupted my families holiday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Exactly. If I were getting a package, and a drive showed up at my door on xmas day, I'd call UPS and complain. No only is it wrong to force people to work that day, it's equally as wrong to show up to peoples houses on xmas to deliver a package. I'd be pi$$ed if some company interrupted my families holiday.
You're the minority.

I don't think most would mind a 30 second "interruption" for johnnys gift.