Working fast

wayfair

swollen member
I used to get ear plugs and use them on one of my old country routes to keep the dirt/dust out.
Got 'em from the office... weird

Holydriver

I used to get ear plugs and use them on one of my old country routes to keep the dirt/dust out.
Got 'em from the office... weird

I'm confused why I'm catching all the heat and you just sort of slip thru the cracks....even when instigating... I'll continue to do my thing though....headphones and all. All day. Every day.

Holydriver

You can be perfect all day. It only takes one time to be wrong
I understand where you're coming from and obviously you have good intentions. And I appreciate your rather adult way of discussing it instead of the way others go about making their point. My point though is that the volume is so low it's basically like a background noise. I have heard people talking to me with them in, I hear my quiet phone ringing, I hear dogs barking and I can still hear the loud ass truck. The volume is low and it barely makes a difference to what I can hear around me. The only time volume is cranked is to/from delivery area. AMD then it doesn't matter....can't hear a thing anyway

I understand where you're coming from and obviously you have good intentions. And I appreciate your rather adult way of discussing it instead of the way others go about making their point. My point though is that the volume is so low it's basically like a background noise. I have heard people talking to me with them in, I hear my quiet phone ringing, I hear dogs barking and I can still hear the loud ass truck. The volume is low and it barely makes a difference to what I can hear around me. The only time volume is cranked is to/from delivery area. AMD then it doesn't matter....can't hear a thing anyway
It's all about focus.
I wish what's in my head ,I could translate to the screen.

This :censored2: isn't no joke.

Faceplanted

We had a driver that used to wear ear plugs while driving out to area because his old 114xxx diesel used to be so loud at 65mph on the highway. Management knew this and didn't have a problem.

Holydriver

It's all about focus.
I wish what's in my head ,I could translate to the screen.

This :censored2: isn't no joke.
Where do you think these kids are going to show up? Just materialize outta of thin air? If they are around they are seen and the houses I deliver to all have long driveways. Kids, people, dogs, cars etc. Are all observed well before I'm anywhere near them. Not all circumstances are the same, your route or routes aren't the same as the ones I'm on

Where do you think these kids are going to show up? Just materialize outta of thin air? If they are around they are seen and the houses I deliver to all have long driveways. Kids, people, dogs, cars etc. Are all observed well before I'm anywhere near them. Not all circumstances are the same, your route or routes aren't the same as the ones I'm on
I swear. People and cars drop out of the sky..no BS.
Been doing it to long.
Was you lucky by chance or by choice?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
It doesn't matter what level you have the volume at, it's the mere fact that they are visibly in your ears. If anyone witnesses this and you cause an accident, you not only will permanently lose your job at ups, you'll face criminal and civil lawsuits that will cost you a small fortune.

Not to mention, you'll probably kill someone in an accident in that manner.

But " keep rolling " with them on.

Gumby and Dave are right. All it will take is one time. One split second, and your life and someone else's lives are ruined forever.

It's very arrogant and stupid on your part. You're setting yourself up to lose your job. All it takes is one person at a red light who looks over, snaps a picture of you in traffic with them on and emails or calls in a concern to ups.

But don't take it seriously like you seem to take a lot of things from your posts on here.

Might want to update your resume soon in case and get a good lawyer on retainer.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
post 48.

My ORS see me all the time when I wear mine.

I don't carry my phone so I use my blue tooth headset. That's the only way I can use my phone while working.

It's funny to watch them drive away using their phones WHILE driving.

And all it takes is a regime change in management, a center manager or DM who see this and get called out for it by someone else and you're screwed too.

Does anyone else think this idea of headphones in while driving is just as stupid as it looks?

Just because you get away with it now, doesn't mean it will always be that way

Holydriver

It doesn't matter what level you have the volume at, it's the mere fact that they are visibly in your ears. If anyone witnesses this and you cause an accident, you not only will permanently lose your job at ups, you'll face criminal and civil lawsuits that will cost you a small fortune.

Not to mention, you'll probably kill someone in an accident in that manner.

But " keep rolling " with them on.

Gumby and Dave are right. All it will take is one time. One split second, and your life and someone else's lives are ruined forever.

It's very arrogant and stupid on your part. You're setting yourself up to lose your job. All it takes is one person at a red light who looks over, snaps a picture of you in traffic with them on and emails or calls in a concern to ups.

But don't take it seriously like you seem to take a lot of things from your posts on here.

Might want to update your resume soon in case and get a good lawyer on retainer.
Life is too short to worry. Stress free for me!