Working on Vacation = OT?

floridays

If you come in and work a day during a vacation week, is that overtime? I thought it was but apparently was wrong.
Bingo, not only were you apparently wrong, you were positively wrong.
no  bad man.gif

McFeely

Huge Member
Was it vacation days or floaters or personal days you took off? I’ve worked a Sat when I had vacation M-friend as vacation days and that was OT if I remember correctly.

falcon back

Not sure what my station did that others don't but it was always OT for working on vacation or floater, but not personal. You make close to $75 an hr and have nothing going on with nearly 6 weeks of time off, it was a good way to make easy money. You work a couple of days and you can fly 1st class or get that cabin upgrade on a cruise and not hurt the budget.

floridays

Not sure what my station did that others don't but it was always OT for working on vacation or floater, but not personal. You make close to $75 an hr and have nothing going on with nearly 6 weeks of time off, it was a good way to make easy money. You work a couple of days and you can fly 1st class or get that cabin upgrade on a cruise and not hurt the budget.
:bsbullf: you're so full of :censored2: you can't see straight.

floridays

Don't be mad because you got short changed on OT. Must suck being you.
You worked for falsifying management if it happened, but we know it didn't.
But we all know you have got to be the best.

Two days in a row you give me the opportunity to call you a liar.
If it's true you should have no problem giving names. PM me.

falcon back

You worked for falsifying management if it happened, but we know it didn't.
But we all know you have got to be the best.

Two days in a row you give me the opportunity to call you a liar.
If it's true you should have no problem giving names. PM me.
So 2 days in a row you made mistakes. I worked at the same station for over 40 years, probably had 30 or more managers come thru. Every one of them paid OT for working on days off. We marked "day off" on the time card or pad. If the payroll system let it go thru it must have been the correct coding. If it wasn't coded correctly, seems like payroll should have caught it. Wasn't my problem and doesn't matter since I retired.

floridays

So 2 days in a row you made mistakes. I worked at the same station for over 40 years, probably had 30 or more managers come thru. Every one of them paid OT for working on days off. We marked "day off" on the time card or pad. If the payroll system let it go thru it must have been the correct coding. If it wasn't coded correctly, seems like payroll should have caught it. Wasn't my problem and doesn't matter since I retired.
And that is a falsification.