Working over 60 - not driving - central

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by hegro, Nov 30, 2018.

1. hegro

hegro Member

driver in central division. I am going to be hitting 60 hours after tonight. They originally said if you had over 3 hours available at the end of the night you were being forced tomorrow.

Now they are saying everyone is forced tomorrow. My question is can they make us ride around with a seasonal and run the route for them without actually driving? Also if they can what are the hour restrictions? 70?

Plan on talking to my steward tonight

2. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

As long as the seasonal pushes the gas and brake, and you steer, it's not a violation.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

same problem here , no straight answer on the 60/70 rule....the ship is sinking fast

4. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Don't show up.
    They can't do anything.

5. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

Call in tomorrow morning. Tell them you are too fatigued to work and are so fatigued you can’t even drive to work. Dot allows you to take your self out of service if you feel you will be a hazard.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You will never make any easier $$$ at UPS than driver helper being as safe as possible

7. Faceplanted

Some people just don’t want to do it. Money isn’t everything. I did not work 1 single sat last year. I called in “fatigued” every sat. Never got disciplined.

8. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You don’t count

You’re a bit coin mogul

Lmao

9. Faceplanted

Add slum lord, mechanic, barber and tons of other things. The world doesn’t revolve around ups like some of you think.

10. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

60/70 rules only apply to driving so yes, technically they can make you work as a jumper.

11. 35years

35years Well-Known Member

Don't answer you phone.

They have to tell you by end of shift Friday to force you Sarurday.

Ask down, force up iby seniority.

To late for me. Hahahahaha

BTW never let UPS have your cell #.
    If they have it, forbid them from calling it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Nothing like making full scale while riding in the jump seat

13. Run the route for them by having them follow Orion 100%

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Toe to Toes

Deleted

15. ruggla

ruggla New Member

I’m out of hours so management said I have to work as a helper with an out of town supervisor who will drive. Imo they are punishing me by making me work in an extended area that Is my bid route so I will be working most of the day however someone with less seniority has very few hours left can work and go home before I do? Shouldn’t the less seniority guys have to stay on the clock until I get in. Doesn’t make much sense considering everything is supposed to run by seniority. Seniority is the reason they give for making me work since a senior driver “could” file a grievance if I don’t show up to work Saturday. If that’s the case then lower seniority drivers shouldn’t be getting off before me. Thanks for the help

16. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

seniority means nothing anymore , throw yourself down a set of steps and just get it over with

17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

File