Working over 60 - not driving - central

hegro

driver in central division. I am going to be hitting 60 hours after tonight. They originally said if you had over 3 hours available at the end of the night you were being forced tomorrow.

Now they are saying everyone is forced tomorrow. My question is can they make us ride around with a seasonal and run the route for them without actually driving? Also if they can what are the hour restrictions? 70?

Plan on talking to my steward tonight

Faceplanted

Call in tomorrow morning. Tell them you are too fatigued to work and are so fatigued you can’t even drive to work. Dot allows you to take your self out of service if you feel you will be a hazard.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
driver in central division. I am going to be hitting 60 hours after tonight. They originally said if you had over 3 hours available at the end of the night you were being forced tomorrow.

Now they are saying everyone is forced tomorrow. My question is can they make us ride around with a seasonal and run the route for them without actually driving? Also if they can what are the hour restrictions? 70?

Plan on talking to my steward tonight

You will never make any easier $$$ at UPS than driver helper being as safe as possible

35years

Gravy route
Don't answer you phone.

They have to tell you by end of shift Friday to force you Sarurday.

Ask down, force up iby seniority.

To late for me. Hahahahaha

BTW never let UPS have your cell #.
If they have it, forbid them from calling it.

Last edited:

ruggla

I’m out of hours so management said I have to work as a helper with an out of town supervisor who will drive. Imo they are punishing me by making me work in an extended area that Is my bid route so I will be working most of the day however someone with less seniority has very few hours left can work and go home before I do? Shouldn’t the less seniority guys have to stay on the clock until I get in. Doesn’t make much sense considering everything is supposed to run by seniority. Seniority is the reason they give for making me work since a senior driver “could” file a grievance if I don’t show up to work Saturday. If that’s the case then lower seniority drivers shouldn’t be getting off before me. Thanks for the help

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’m out of hours so management said I have to work as a helper with an out of town supervisor who will drive. Imo they are punishing me by making me work in an extended area that Is my bid route so I will be working most of the day however someone with less seniority has very few hours left can work and go home before I do? Shouldn’t the less seniority guys have to stay on the clock until I get in. Doesn’t make much sense considering everything is supposed to run by seniority. Seniority is the reason they give for making me work since a senior driver “could” file a grievance if I don’t show up to work Saturday. If that’s the case then lower seniority drivers shouldn’t be getting off before me. Thanks for the help
File