Working preload with the new system.

Huge deal at mine, too. We got a stern talking-to by our steward during safety last week. I guess they saw how terrible the end of 2nd and 3rd belt got, and went ballistic we couldn't reach fire exits or extinguisher units etc. Had a reminder every morning. Steward always asks now if we have enough room and if under the belts is staying clear. Then the sups say stop the belt if it happens then lose their minds when the belts stop. As long as the paycheck clears lmao.

Box Ox

Huge deal at mine, too. We got a stern talking-to by our steward during safety last week. I guess they saw how terrible the end of 2nd and 3rd belt got, and went ballistic we couldn't reach fire exits or extinguisher units etc. Had a reminder every morning. Steward always asks now if we have enough room and if under the belts is staying clear. Then the sups say stop the belt if it happens then lose their minds when the belts stop. As long as the paycheck clears lmao.

"Sounds like you've got lots of terrible loaders at your center!"

@TearsInRain

Typical IE

RuthlessSupSlayer

Our Splitters would kick our ass if we stopped the belt to load some trucks LOL not really though I usually if I'm having trouble I'll just intentionally miss some stuff so I can get caught up and deal with it later on the recycle. My part-time sup walked up to me and said you're seem like you're missing packages from the belt it seems like you have a belt to truck problem I said no you have a brain to mouth problem

RuthlessSupSlayer

why would your load quality suffer from slowing down, that makes zero sense

Well actually I can think of a couple ways in which this would happen
  1. Loader feels more rushed so therefore there is less focus on one aspect or another so load quality suffers.
  2. No "extra" time at the end because the loader is taking that last 15 minutes where they would close out and straighten the truck to clear the stack outs.
So how does this revolutionary idea actualy sace us money? What because the drivers spend more time on tue road looking for crap? And eventually the preload start time will need to be pushed back to accommodate this technology. Also one last point lets not forget those whose name we never know...seasonals they need more time to be trained in order to keep up with the flow.

bumped

Our belt stops too often but somehow we get drivers out by 9am now. So far it's been Thursday Friday and today. I'm starting to think something is wrong.

Back in the day I used to stop the belt just to keep our shift quota high. Part time sups would get so pissed.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
As usual you have no clue. The reason is because the time allowances and time to do the loading don't change. Smh

you're wrong, when a site deploys smartscan, they do get extra time allowance for it

this shouldn't matter anyways as the load ALWAYS crushes it's PPH, it's the unload and sort that hold back a preload's PPH

Well actually I can think of a couple ways in which this would happen
  1. Loader feels more rushed so therefore there is less focus on one aspect or another so load quality suffers.
  2. No "extra" time at the end because the loader is taking that last 15 minutes where they would close out and straighten the truck to clear the stack outs.
So how does this revolutionary idea actualy sace us money? What because the drivers spend more time on tue road looking for crap? And eventually the preload start time will need to be pushed back to accommodate this technology. Also one last point lets not forget those whose name we never know...seasonals they need more time to be trained in order to keep up with the flow.

smartscan has a 95% average reduction in misloads

Corporate IE agrees with you though, they want to nuke the program, despite that it frees up all the on roads to actually do their job and the preload sups don't have to chase misloads till 3pm anymore (hello 12 hour days)

RuthlessSupSlayer

See here is the issue' its not the idea of a resolution, but more of the execution. i could think of another way to do it without slowing down.

Secondly sometimes...most of the time the accountability falls on the loader's training and not the loader.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

you're wrong, when a site deploys smartscan, they do get extra time allowance for it

this shouldn't matter anyways as the load ALWAYS crushes it's PPH, it's the unload and sort that hold back a preload's PPH

Corporate IE agrees with you though, they want to nuke the program, despite that it frees up all the on roads to actually do their job and the preload sups don't have to chase misloads till 3pm anymore (hello 12 hour days)

lmao. How do you end up with more time to do it when you have exactly the same amount of time? Lol Wanna talk about time allowances? Surely not

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

We already do 12 hour days

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
you must have been a terrible loader if you let that happen to you
That's how all trucks are loaded now. Not the loaders fault.

Too many packages coming down in too short of a time frame with not enough workers.

But IE says that's how it should be done so they continue to be set up to fail day after day.

Brownslave688

I stopped it today cuz the new guy had two fire exits, the area along the belt, and under the belt crammed with packages falling off. Supes got mad we stopped it and the 4 of us went and cleaned his stuff up in a couple minutes. Management went ballistic, but hey, egress. As directed.
Such a great feeling shutting the belt off when they're trying to shove it down your throat.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
That's how all trucks are loaded now. Not the loaders fault.

Too many packages coming down in too short of a time frame with not enough workers.

But IE says that's how it should be done so they continue to be set up to fail day after day.
IE doesn't tell the Ops to understaff the load portion, they do that all by themselves

in fact, IE is usually the only people to tell the ops that they need more people on the load, and less elsewhere

Brownslave688

How is this even possible? You have to unload and sort it before it gets to the loader?

That plus the fact that loaders with stacked out trucks and having to stop the belt constantly slows down the sort and the unload also

PT Car Washer

How is this even possible? You have to unload and sort it before it gets to the loader?

That plus the fact that loaders with stacked out trucks and having to stop the belt constantly slows down the sort and the unload also
Not necessarily. I remember many times where one of the belts feeding the different preload areas would shut off and we just kept sorting and stacking the packages up or throwing the boxes down the slide. More then once we had to take boxes off the belt because there was too much weight on the belt for it to start. Most guys in the unload had other day jobs and wanted off as early as possible to make it to work on time.

Unloaders are more than fine with a 2 or 3 minute break. If they taped open boxes, used 70lb tape, printed legible HINs near or on the label, or stopped sending no-scans down, maybe the belt wouldn't stop so much. When I'm on 3rd belt I'm amazed at how far along an item has gone and how many hands it's gone through and it's still all chewed up.