Working the Friday after Thanksgiving? Check this out!

Are you working the Friday after Thanksgiving?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
...and you as well...

My son and I are both avid Patriots' fans and I am going to surprise him with a Tom Brady official game jersey when I go to see him next week.

(They don't give those things away----$90 after my 10% military discount)

Sounds like a steal. I paid $70 for a 2012 Under Armor Jadeveon Clowney replica jersey.

Sent using a Potato

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Tom Brady is a crybaby. And your teams coach is a maroon who dresses like a homeless idiot

Sounds like superballs63 is a Jets fan

images

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We will be working --mandatory. I will just treat it as any other day. I want to see if I can make it to double time. They seem to load me up lately. Plus my customers will feed me all day. I will be sluggish.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Got a DIAD message yesterday asking me if I wanted to 05 Black Friday or take the day off.
Replied that I would not take an 05 and futhermore would not have any sense of urgency to get done early since they would be paying me $67.78 an hour.
A couple of hours later I received a message that I was off next Friday. Seniority has its perks.

HBGPreloader

Funny how things work at our hub.
Our supplement notes that we're allowed 2 part timers off for personal days on Mondays and Fridays. So, when I saw the schedule posted and that only one person (a brown-noser) was off on next Friday, I quickly put my name on the list and mentioned it to the manager.
Now, the manager is backpedaling, saying it's a mandatory workday for everyone.

clean hairy

If Managment says we are only working 6 hours, yet the guarantee is 8 hours, that aint gonna fly!
If they tell us we are only working 6 hours wen the guarantee is 8 hours, then we have the right to NOT work that day?
Am I right?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If Managment says we are only working 6 hours, yet the guarantee is 8 hours, that aint gonna fly!
If they tell us we are only working 6 hours wen the guarantee is 8 hours, then we have the right to NOT work that day?
Am I right?

Nope. You have the right to request your daily guarantee but not the right to not work that day. Your guarantee may be supplemented with inside work, such as washing package cars.

This will not be an issue as it will be much busier than most of you are thinking.

clean hairy

I know some Part timers that are being told that they will only be scheduled for the contract minimum of 3 1/2 hours on that day, yet the guarantee is 4 hours, and they will be sent home after 3 1/2.
What happens in that case?
I am thinking the Union should be notified NOW so they can make sure these folks get the hours they are entitled to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know some Part timers that are being told that they will only be scheduled for the contract minimum of 3 1/2 hours on that day, yet the guarantee is 4 hours, and they will be sent home after 3 1/2.
I am thinking the Union should be notified NOW so they can make sure these folks get the hours they are entitled to.

You are confusing guarantees.

The daily guarantee is 3.5 hours while holiday pay is 4 hours. They will get their 4 hours of holiday pay and 3.5 hour daily guarantee, although I think it is going to busier than expected and most will work at least 4-5 hours, if not more.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It is going to be slammed. It will be a normal peak day. It will be above and beyond, what normally we get on Monday. The only difference, is we will be getting paid a bonus for what we do all year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is going to be slammed. It will be a normal peak day. It will be above and beyond, what normally we get on Monday. The only difference, is we will be getting paid a bonus for what we do all year.

Our volume will depend upon how quickly Buffalo can get back on their feet. They did run a twi sort last night and do hope to be all caught up by Thanksgiving.

clean hairy

Thats what I am trying to be sure of.
Southern appears to state working on a Holiday is 8 hours full time, and 4 hours Holiday Part Time.
Just trying to be certain on this.

tramtwo

Here is a question. As a part timer who is TCD I've been told I will drive all next week. On Friday do I get 4 hours holiday pay at my inside rate or do I get 8 hours holiday pay at the TCD rate? Also what about Turkey day pay?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thats what I am trying to be sure of.
Southern appears to state working on a Holiday is 8 hours full time, and 4 hours Holiday Part Time.
Just trying to be certain on this.

On second thought, you may be right----you should be getting 4 hours of holiday and your 4 hour guarantee for working on a holiday.

You may want to get with your steward to get clarification on this Monday morning. Don't wait until Friday morning to get this sorted out. Yeah, it's only 1/2 hour, but it is in the contract, so....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Where in the contract are we guaranteed 4 hours of work as opposed to 3.5?