Working under another license

I am retired from ABF Freight as a driver. When a repair is done to an aircraft do any of the people work under the license of someone else? Is it common for a person who has not achieved their Master Certification to work under another license. And does UPS outsource any of their repair to South America, rather than have it done in the states?
And, if a mechanic signs of on work another person did, & it is allowed by the rules & reg's, how could it effect his or hers license? Thank you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am retired from ABF Freight as a driver. When a repair is done to an aircraft do any of the people work under the license of someone else? Is it common for a person who has not achieved their Master Certification to work under another license. And does UPS outsource any of their repair to South America, rather than have it done in the states?
And, if a mechanic signs of on work another person did, & it is allowed by the rules & reg's, how could it effect his or hers license? Thank you.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

UPS does not "pencil whip" their repairs.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Guarantee no one here has a clue...

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

UPS does not "pencil whip" their repairs.

5360089B-1BF3-49C9-82C1-4F74EF753113.gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Why would a retired ABF driver come here and ask these questions unless he/she is planning to move to South America and "repair" airplanes under someone else's credentials?

Why would a retired ABF driver come here and ask these questions unless he/she is planning to move to South America and "repair" airplanes under someone elses credentials?
My neighbor just retired from United as a mechanic with about 4 different certifications. Frame, Avionics, & others. I have heard a lot of stories but the most would be the one where the airlines send a lot of heavy work to other countries to have planes worked on. And one story is these repair companies get a 2 week heads up the inspector is coming. Big red flag to me. United Airlines has a repair facility in SF. But, years ago United closed the large repair facility @ Indianapolis International Airport doing away with a lot of good Union scale jobs. You would know about Union Scale, you work under a CBA. Hence, your answer to why is he here. And where did a lot of those Union Scale jobs go to? South America. And you can bet your last dollar the companies down south do not have CBA's to protect their workers. But, the stories I have heard from Bruce about aircraft repair, or more like the lack of money spent on aircraft repair, makes me want to find a bus depot. Be safe, & stay out from under the radar, the boss is watching. von.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You have no :censored2:ing idea of what you are talking about. Go away. There are Trolls and then there are Scumbgs. You're the latter. Get back into your ATL or IBT cubicle (wherever) Scumbag!!!

You have no :censored2:ing idea of what you are talking about. Go away. There are Trolls and then there are Scumbgs. You're the latter. Get back into your ATL or IBT cubicle (wherever) Scumbag!!!
Gotta wonder, why in the world would you respond to someone who has no idea what he is talking about? Or, why waste your time on someone like me who is a Scumbag. Or is your home life so dull, or because of the lack of a home life, you spend time on internet boards talking to people who have NO CLUE. Ya, know, this is starting to get exciting. Why waste time, your words, on 'Trolls & Scumbags' when you could be having Carnal Knowledge with someone, or something? It would seem so much more productive & physical pleasing, than having a conversation with, let me get it right a 'Scumbag'. Always wondered what I would do with all that time I have after I retired. Now I know. von. PS. Please keep responding to my post, for I am having way to much fun. von.

Last edited:

Nike

Bro this is UPS we'll send our planes to Congo Africa if it saves a couple bucks

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
There was a story a few years back that ups was cycling its planes due for annual maintenance to routes that go to china. Repair them in china and sent back.

A lot of air lines flying the public do it all the time. Why would UPS Air be any different? An Astronaut while sitting on the launch pad down @ the Cape once said, 'This Roman Candle they are getting ready to light that we are sitting on top of was built by the lowest bidder'. Oh Lord hear our Prayer. von.

There was a story a few years back that ups was cycling its planes due for annual maintenance to routes that go to china. Repair them in china and sent back.
No surprise there. A lot of companies that own large aircraft fly planes all over the globe for repair. Usually to the lowest bidder. Most companies will always look for the lowest cost. They won't last long if they don't. von.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I am truly sorry if my posts are not of the Golden Globe Award's level of quality entertainment. But hey, I will keep @ it. von.

No worries, I was just hoping you were either a complete idiot or a very brazen criminal operating under this elaborate plan to steal high value items or bags of Xmas dilldoes (they censor this one too, must have children working for UPS in Eritrea)...It was clearly my fault..victim of clickbait, i suppose

No worries, I was just hoping you were either a complete idiot or a very brazen criminal operating under this elaborate plan to steal high value items or bags of Xmas dilldoes (they censor this one too, must have children working for UPS in Eritrea)...It was clearly my fault..victim of clickbait, i suppose
Xmas :censored2:s? Now that is funny. von.