Working vacation

BigBrownboxx

There is a driver in my center that post all 5 of his vacations and then ends up working them. I don’t see a problem with this besides he is laying off people that were going to work if he was off. Can he do this?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
In my 38 years I never sold a vacation back. I was asked many times if I wanted to do it since they were going to be short handed that week. I said nope, I got plans that week. On 2 or 3 occasions, I swapped weeks with junior drivers who had something come up, and I had nothing going on. I believe we were told by the local we HAD to take 1 week off a year, but you could sell back the rest.

BigBrownboxx

In my 38 years I never sold a vacation back. I was asked many times if I wanted to do it since they were going to be short handed that week. I said nope, I got plans that week. On 2 or 3 occasions, I swapped weeks with junior drivers who had something come up, and I had nothing going on. I believe we were told by the local we HAD to take 1 week off a year, but you could sell back the rest.
Our building doesn’t have that problem, we have drivers that struggle to work. He is taking food from these drivers tables.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Our building doesn’t have that problem, we have drivers that struggle to work. He is taking food from these drivers tables.

I'm not aware of any Supplement that allows that.

He's screwing his fellow drivers and apparently management is OK with it.

Does your Local Union know this is happening ?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Yeah it's either for the $$$ (45 hours plus a regular week's pay) Or maybe home life sucks so bad, they would rather be at work all the time. I looked forward and needed my time off from this job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our agreement only allows working 2 weeks of vacation time.

Those weeks should not be on the vacation list.