world jr hockey

klein

Für Meno :)
If anyone is interested, Finnland vs USA is on the tube right now (live out of Edmonton).
Score currently : 1:0 Finnland in the midst of the 2nd period.
Team Canada will host the Czech Republic later this evening @ 6pm mst.

klein

Canada defeats Denmark 10:2 today, Russia-Latvia currently playing (last score 6:0 in the midst of the 2nd period).

USA vs Canada on New Years Eve :)

klein

USA just lost aginst the Czech Republic 2:5.
Meaning hopes for the US to even advance into the medal round are next to nothing (they need to hope that small lousy Denmark beats Finnland later tonight by a double digit score).

Tomorrow's US-Canada match up is turning out to become nothing more than a friendship game as Canada already clinched 1st spot in the group and is moving on to the medal round.

P

pickup

USA just lost aginst the Czech Republic 2:5.
Meaning hopes for the US to even advance into the medal round are next to nothing (they need to hope that small lousy Denmark beats Finnland later tonight by a double digit score).

Tomorrow's US-Canada match up is turning out to become nothing more than a friendship game as Canada already clinched 1st spot in the group and is moving on to the medal round.

Hopes were next to nothing before the loss as most Americans don't give a hoot and hence were not hoping anyway.

klein

Hopes were next to nothing before the loss as most Americans don't give a hoot and hence were not hoping anyway.

Yup, broke some records (1st loss to the Czech Rep in 7 years, and 1st time, in the longest time, not quailifying for the medal round).

DS

Fenderbender
pickup...I'm disappointed :( Maybe most Americans don't care,but maybe they should.The US junior team was awesome last year and considering it's against
the rest of the world,it's just un-American to just not give a hoot,and hmmmm...Moreluck I love ya but complaining about sports on a thread about sports?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Should I have said thrilling recipe thread? :funny:
Just the baking part....Klein is the official cook now since the end of September in the what's cooking thread. Because he's self proclaimed better at it......'cept he doesn't post daily, so he's shirking his duty. He's like the Obama of the kitchen.....always away .

klein

It's official now. Tomorrow's US-Canada game has no impact whatsover.

The US team will go home and cannot move onto the medal round anymore after Finnland just finnished off Denmark 10:1.

Maybe Canada will let the US team win tomorrow ?
Canada needs to stay free of injuries and take it a bit easy tomorrow.

Just the baking part....Klein is the official cook now since the end of September in the what's cooking thread. Because he's self proclaimed better at it......'cept he doesn't post daily, so he's shirking his duty. He's like the Obama of the kitchen.....always away .

Is he like the shrimp guy from "Forest Gump"? Fried weiners, steamed weiners, grilled weiners, boiled weiners, smoked weiners...............

P

pickup

pickup...I'm disappointed :( Maybe most Americans don't care,but maybe they should.The US junior team was awesome last year and considering it's against
the rest of the world,it's just un-American to just not give a hoot,and hmmmm...Moreluck I love ya but complaining about sports on a thread about sports?

And maybe it might be a good idea to be un-american once in a while and take an objective look at things. Bread and Circuses, my friend ... Bread and Circuses.