Worried about my pension

rod

Retired 22 years
sure and i dont like sales taxes on everything. maybe just sales taxes on relatively expensive things, or things we dont like.

the people with the most money should pay the most taxes. i dont like tolls, parking meters, or tuition.

i want a more just tax system.

I don't mind paying a toll if the roads are nice. Its places like Illinois that has a toll booth every 10 miles and their roads are JUNK that piss me off.

rickyb

I don't mind paying a toll if the roads are nice. Its places like Illinois that has a toll booth every 10 miles and their roads are JUNK that piss me off.
i mind paying a toll every time. has nothing to do with nice roads.

chicago is corrupt

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Any entitlement they offer you is government sanctioned plunder of someone else’s wealth.

View attachment 231172

My 401k money is money I worked for. It’s money that I chose to invest and money that I will withdraw from when I retire.

Social security is not comparable to a 401k.
It’s basically the government taking my money and giving it to old people with the promise they’ll do the same for me. They are covering their past “investors” investments with current investor money. Basically a Ponzi scheme.
Eureka, you've figured it out. You act as if you've cracked the code. We've all known this since the beginning. That doesn't change the fact that since we're forced to pay in, we're "entitled" to a return. You're hung up on the word "entitled" as if it's a donation, or a handout. Too much Fox Editorial, oops, I meant News, I suppose.

The fact that you oppose the SS program as a whole shouldn't mean you lash out at those collecting after being forced to contribute. Let's see how your opinion changes when your kids' generation finally squash the SS program after you've paid in for 50 years, you're just about to retire, and you're going to get nothing. At that point it won't matter if you're a rep. or a dem. you're not going to be happy. I'm betting you'll become "entitled" real quick!

El Correcto

god is dead
Eureka, you've figured it out. You act as if you've cracked the code. We've all known this since the beginning. That doesn't change the fact that since we're forced to pay in, we're "entitled" to a return. You're hung up on the word "entitled" as if it's a donation, or a handout. Too much Fox Editorial, oops, I meant News, I suppose.

The fact that you oppose the SS program as a whole shouldn't mean you lash out at those collecting after being forced to contribute. Let's see how your opinion changes when your kids' generation finally squash the SS program after you've paid in for 50 years, you're just about to retire, and you're going to get nothing. At that point it won't matter if you're a rep. or a dem. you're not going to be happy. I'm betting you'll become "entitled" real quick!
23240C10-033A-46ED-ADE1-738FBDFEC1B4.png

When boomertives get upset about their government entitlements being in the crosshairs.

Chaos

I Am The Devil
You guys are ridiculous.

Press your pants and shirts. Polish your boots. Good hygiene. Not much to ask for representing this company. In other words take a little PRIDE in what you do. I think that was the topic until old and dumb started tearing into each other.