Would UPS care if I quit without giving some notice? (Preloader)

Tadai

I got a job as a preloader temporarily, while I waited to get a position in my desired career field. Now, I have gotten that position, and I start the job next week. I intend to tell my supervisor that this week is my last week at UPS, but I would honestly like to have a day or two during this week for a mental reset before I start the new job. That would mean that I would quit before the week is over. Would this be in bad taste? I don't want to do it if it's uncourteous, but as far as I understand, they have a ton of people and probably don't need me specifically.

Thanks.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I got a job as a preloader temporarily, while I waited to get a position in my desired career field. Now, I have gotten that position, and I start the job next week. I intend to tell my supervisor that this week is my last week at UPS, but I would honestly like to have a day or two during this week for a mental reset before I start the new job. That would mean that I would quit before the week is over. Would this be in bad taste? I don't want to do it if it's uncourteous, but as far as I understand, they have a ton of people and probably don't need me specifically.

Thanks.

do you think ups would give you notice before they fire you?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Well,
Remember it's a small world and you don't know what's ahead. Give the notice because it's the right thing to do....

I'm sure I'll be flamed for this comment, but that's my advice.

Tadai

Well,
Remember it's a small world and you don't know what's ahead. Give the notice because it's the right thing to do....

I'm sure I'll be flamed for this comment, but that's my advice.
Give them your notice and ask them for a positive rehire status. You never know.
I don't intend to work at UPS again (sorry if I'm offending anyone with that). The work just wasn't worth the pay. If that's the only reason why I should give a notice, then perhaps it might not be that big of a deal.

Thanks.
This man up and talk to your supervisor. Trust me they're using the part-timers quitting left and right. To say hey I got hired for a new full-time job and I would not like to burn down my bridges with UPS but I cannot pass up this opportunity

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Thanks.
Depends, if your a bad worker then they wont care

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
This man up and talk to your supervisor. Trust me they're using the part-timers quitting left and right. To say hey I got hired for a new full-time job and I would not like to burn down my bridges with UPS but I cannot pass up this opportunity
He should just quit and not tell anybody, ups most likly wont care

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Give notice. If :censored2: goes south and you need a job again then you’ll be on a no hire if you just stopped showing up

trickpony1

Can you start your new job and still work preload for a short time?
If the new job doesn't work then you've still got a plan B.
Always have a plan B.
Just a thought.

542thruNthru

Thanks.
Tell you PT sup that you got a real promotion and not just some PT sup job and today's your last day.

Done