Would UPS care if I quit without giving some notice? (Preloader)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'll be working in finish carpentry, so there is a chance that my job might be taken, but since it's a small company, I doubt it. And it looks like Texas might try to stop the flood of illegals themselves.

wish they would secede and we could be done with them

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I got a job as a preloader temporarily, while I waited to get a position in my desired career field. Now, I have gotten that position, and I start the job next week. I intend to tell my supervisor that this week is my last week at UPS, but I would honestly like to have a day or two during this week for a mental reset before I start the new job. That would mean that I would quit before the week is over. Would this be in bad taste? I don't want to do it if it's uncourteous, but as far as I understand, they have a ton of people and probably don't need me specifically.

Thanks.
It's very cool you learned early in life what you don't like. Alot of life isn't finding what you do like but what you DON'T like. I have seen this company chew people up and spit them out,crush them,suck their souls dry. Don't worry about notice. If you feel like it tell your Supe you wont be back after today or just don;t show back up. As far as rehire this place is SCRAMBLING to find people and memories will be short if you decided you needed to come back. Personally I'd RUN like my butt was onfire from UPS if I were you. It's much much easier NOW than if you have years of seniority. Good Luck and do what makes you HAPPY in life.

Tadai

It's very cool you learned early in life what you don't like. Alot of life isn't finding what you do like but what you DON'T like. I have seen this company chew people up and spit them out,crush them,suck their souls dry. Don't worry about notice. If you feel like it tell your Supe you wont be back after today or just don;t show back up. As far as rehire this place is SCRAMBLING to find people and memories will be short if you decided you needed to come back. Personally I'd RUN like my butt was onfire from UPS if I were you. It's much much easier NOW than if you have years of seniority. Good Luck and do what makes you HAPPY in life.
Thank you.

Whereistheunion

I got a job as a preloader temporarily, while I waited to get a position in my desired career field. Now, I have gotten that position, and I start the job next week. I intend to tell my supervisor that this week is my last week at UPS, but I would honestly like to have a day or two during this week for a mental reset before I start the new job. That would mean that I would quit before the week is over. Would this be in bad taste? I don't want to do it if it's uncourteous, but as far as I understand, they have a ton of people and probably don't need me specifically.

Thanks.
Probably Not, But if you do this rather you give notice or not UPS has a NO HIRE BACK CLAUSE..

rod

Retired 22 years
Just a word of warning about moving to Texas and becoming a finish carpenter. EVERY swinging dick swimming the river is an "Expert" finish carpenter (just ask them) who will work for half of what you are willing to work for. The trades like carpentry, sheet rocking , taping and roofing are over ran with illegals. They line up by the hundreds with their cardboard signs outside every Home Depot just looking for work. Don't burn any bridges leaving UPS.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No I did not, it is TRUE ask your preload sort manager. UNLESS you have a relationship with the regional human resources manager whom can Click yes Hire them back or retire and come back seasonal UPS has a No Hire back policy.

seen it happen many times

maybe they told you this because you’re a screwup

SandSpida

Thanks.
Give your notice and then in a couple of days call in and tell them your starting to get a fever. Last thing they want to do is give COVID pay to someone that is leaving In 2 weeks. Pretty sure they will tell you stay away. Enjoy your mental reset.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Give your notice and then in a couple of days call in and tell them your starting to get a fever. Last thing they want to do is give COVID pay to someone that is leaving In 2 weeks. Pretty sure they will tell you stay away. Enjoy your mental reset.
I thought The Most Beloved Leader said: "We're all in this together"....

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

Thanks.
Dude I’ve seen people get yelled by the district manager at the top of his lungs. No it’s not in bad taste.

Tadai

Just a word of warning about moving to Texas and becoming a finish carpenter. EVERY swinging dick swimming the river is an "Expert" finish carpenter (just ask them) who will work for half of what you are willing to work for. The trades like carpentry, sheet rocking , taping and roofing are over ran with illegals. They line up by the hundreds with their cardboard signs outside every Home Depot just looking for work. Don't burn any bridges leaving UPS.
Thankfully, I'm far from Texas. I wouldn't even consider carpentry in that state, honestly, because of that reason. My state has a ton of illegals too, but the shop I'm going to work for only has one who might be.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Well,
Remember it's a small world and you don't know what's ahead. Give the notice because it's the right thing to do....

I'm sure I'll be flamed for this comment, but that's my advice.
Usually I would agree with you but it doesn’t matter one bit if he gives notice or not. He is going to have a negative rehire status regardless.