Would you drive this????

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
I am guessing it is for gated communities/mobile home parks

That's exactly what I was thinking! But, yeah, I would totally drive one of those. Probably be a lot of fun and quite the conversation piece. Highly doubt I could fit in there though as I am 6'4", but it would certainly be better than the P5 I have with no power steering.

And I could only how well those three-wheelers would perform in the snow.

LKLND3380

That's exactly what I was thinking! But, yeah, I would totally drive one of those. Probably be a lot of fun and quite the conversation piece. Highly doubt I could fit in there though as I am 6'4", but it would certainly be better than the P5 I have with no power steering.

For some reason I remember someone was sayingthey delivered to a storage shed/trailer what ever you want to call it and then a seperate UPSer would deliver from there using a golf cart... I was chatting with someone at a union meeting last year and heard this.

alister

For some reason I remember someone was sayingthey delivered to a storage shed/trailer what ever you want to call it and then a seperate UPSer would deliver from there using a golf cart... I was chatting with someone at a union meeting last year and heard this.

They had driver helpers use golf carts before in our district. They delivered apartment complexes and such. They had to stop using them after a few of the cities decided that they are not safe for use on the road.

poozer2000

i used to drive a reliant rialto just like delboys' in "only fools and horses "
if you get that tv show over there?
whilst out driving in the snow one year i went to turn right and just went around in circles,
and god help you all if you have to stop quick in the wet or a dog runs out in front of you !!!!!:surprised:

KTB

I was excited when I saw the blurb about electric cars on the front page. After seeing them... not so much.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Ha! Ha! Our center is going to the bike delivery for peak. Laugh my ass off, but they swear they've had fantastic success with them elsewhere. Of course, I'm dying to see someone trying to pull a mountain bike with a couple hundred pounds of boxes uphill in the snow or trying to change all the flats they'll get from all the goatheads that cover our streets and sidewalks. Nice to know that after 100 years we've evolved full circle back to bicycle deliveries.

Heck, if that doesn't work out well enough, maybe we can lobby Congress for inmate labor. No wages, just fresh air and a pack of smokes!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the PAL system designed to address this?
:whiteflag:

rushfan

I mentioned this before, but I'm going Christmas shopping while the driver is making the delivery. Ryder must be out of moving trucks.

ncamara

These things tip so easily. While I was in the military and deployed to Saudi Arabia, we had lots of fun with similar vehicles, trying to see how far we could go riding on only the front tires. All it took was a little tap on the brakes to get the back two tires up, and then you could finesse the brakes to keep the truck (if that's what you wan't to call this thing) box up in the air. Somehow, I don't know how we didn't do a cartwheel with these things.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
i'll bet the "delivery person" was delivering to apartment complexes. my center was considering renting go-carts or golf carts for peak season the season before last. it was before i had become a cover driver, but after i had become an air driver.
the idea was that the regular driver would drop his/her helper off at an apt complex and have the helper deliver apt packages while the driver went on over to resi/business stops that were nearby. driver would give helper 30 minutes to an hour and then come back and pick-up the helper. obviously if there were more than one apt complex on that drivers route, they would do it over and over again.
our center never actually did that though because our division manager didn't want to pay the rental fees on the carts.

i told my supervisor that if they were going to have me delivering ground AND driving around that they had better pay me top rate (i double shifted at the time. preload and then driver helper.) theres no way i would do that crap for peak season loader pay.

browndevil

i'll bet the "delivery person" was delivering to apartment complexes. my center was considering renting go-carts or golf carts for peak season the season before last. it was before i had become a cover driver, but after i had become an air driver.
the idea was that the regular driver would drop his/her helper off at an apt complex and have the helper deliver apt packages while the driver went on over to resi/business stops that were nearby. driver would give helper 30 minutes to an hour and then come back and pick-up the helper. obviously if there were more than one apt complex on that drivers route, they would do it over and over again.
our center never actually did that though because our division manager didn't want to pay the rental fees on the carts.

i told my supervisor that if they were going to have me delivering ground AND driving around that they had better pay me top rate (i double shifted at the time. preload and then driver helper.) theres no way i would do that crap for peak season loader pay.
Just wondering how do we secure the packages in a golf cart/go cart?