Would you give up five years of your life.

Would you give up five years?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Siveriano

same
10% every week!! I did it right away, so I couldn't get used to the larger pay day. Once i get a decent amount saved up for a down payment on a house, I'll put in 15,%
same here started at 10% after went full time and on my first rise i decided to increase it by 1% every 2 months.
It's easier to get used to have $20ish less weekly than to take a big jump every year.

hyena

If you had five years until retirement. Would you be willing to fast forward five years of your life to escape working at Brown?
Where's @RonBurgandy?????????? when you need him? I'll post it for him.
image.jpeg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
There are days where I've never wanted to quit a job more in my life, and other days where I can't believe how lucky I am to have such an awesome job.
I've got 25 more years..I really shouldn't be thinking about retirement right now.
If you are thinking about retirement now then you are in the wrong profession. life is too short. find something you love to do and then do it.

Box Ox

How would you multiple decade UPSers feel about the OP's question if you were just starting out and had 30 years to go under today's conditions?

Box Ox

There are days where I've never wanted to quit a job more in my life, and other days where I can't believe how lucky I am to have such an awesome job.
I've got 25 more years..I really shouldn't be thinking about retirement right now.

Agree. With the way stop counts and weight limits being what they are, some of the veterans at my center say they don't know how the new guys are gonna make it to 30.

over9five

Staff member
Agree. With the way stop counts and weight limits being what they are, some of the veterans at my center say they don't know how the new guys are gonna make it to 30.
B.S. In the "old days", we didn't have luxuries like power steering and low steps. That was easily half your workload, just steering and climbing. The new guys have it easy.

Siveriano

I know how im gonna make to to 30. It gets done when it gets done. like today saturday air run went from 20ish stops to 40 including a 42 pcs one. i did the best i could and thats my only concern, if they didnt wanted to have late airs they should had called in more people.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
No way. 5 years is a long time. cherished memories and experiences with your family all gone. Retirement sound awesome, but nothing beats quality time with friends and family. Regardless if it's between hauling boxes and the end of the weekend

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
No way. 5 years is a long time. cherished memories and experiences with your family all gone. Retirement sound awesome, but nothing beats quality time with friends and family. Regardless if it's between hauling boxes and the end of the weekend