Would you give up five years of your life.

Would you give up five years?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
No way. 5 years is a long time. cherished memories and experiences with your family all gone. Retirement sound awesome, but nothing beats quality time with friends and family. Regardless if it's between hauling boxes and the end of the weekend

brownelf

How many years total will that be?
39 years with seven of them as a part timer while I went to college. Never imagined this would end up as my career choice, the golden handcuffs kept me from leaving when I finished school. There were no quality jobs available in this area in my field for years due to economic factors. By the time there were I had 15 yrs in with UPS and I was enjoying the job. The people I worked with were like family after the 97 strike and helped me thru some difficult times. Back then we all were in it together, if someone was having a bad day we all pitched in to help without being asked. You took care of your customers and fellow drivers without a second thought. Now the rookies all piss and moan if they have to help and work past 5pm.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
How would you multiple decade UPSers feel about the OP's question if you were just starting out and had 30 years to go under today's conditions?
I dont think they can make it. The weight, the christmas dispatch 24/7. Even on the 9.5 list, you will rarely get home at a good hour. Imho no.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Glad I'm so close that I don't even have to ponder the question......., 'cause I might tap out.

Already lost 4 years, and then 7 years, earlier in this life. It is what it is.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I dont think they can make it. The weight, the christmas dispatch 24/7. Even on the 9.5 list, you will rarely get home at a good hour. Imho no.

We're basing our negative outlook on how it is now.
But, as us old timers know very well, it will only get worse from this point.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

I think someone also mentioned the cube size; blows your truck out every day.
Some days, I'm lucky to have a good walk aisle at 1400 hours.