Write Up Your Damn Truck....Please??

undies

I keep writing up the bulk head doors that don't open. Either the latch gets stuck or a spring needs to be replaced. What's the point in having a remote control door that doesn't open!

Future

Victory Ride
My truck was out of service for a day, they replaced it with a newer 1000 which is was i have, thought life was good till i looked at the seat cushion. Thing was so worn out it sloped at least 3inches down to the right. Those of us who have bad lower backs(which is many)should know that this will cause some serious issues within a few hours.I taped a bunch of dr bags to the seat cushion to even it out as best as i could and got through the day with slight lower back discomfort. I spoke to reg driver about why he never wrote it up and his response was "he was afraid they would take it out of the lineup and give him a piece of junk"ugggg

Future

Victory Ride
I keep writing up the bulk head doors that don't open. Either the latch gets stuck or a spring needs to be replaced. What's the point in having a remote control door that doesn't open!
Very true....the slightest lean of the truck to the right while parked at a stop and that bulk head door wont push open.....told mechanics several times about issue,said nothing they could do.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I had a brand new truck with such shoddy workmanship I could barely open the bulkhead or side doors. I kept writing it up and all the mechanic could do was lube everything (with beeswax) until parts wore enough (groves worn in metal from rubbing). It was of those Workhorse P1000's that have already been replaced.
I pretty much have to rehang the bulkhead door of every new car at some point because they are so badly fitted.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Many of the more seasoned vehicles fitted with the keyless need to have the bulkhead doors completely rebuilt for it to work right. The tracks develop divots where the wheels stop in the open and close position that makes the pogo stick work a lot harder to open the door, if at all.

Future

Victory Ride
Many of the more seasoned vehicles fitted with the keyless need to have the bulkhead doors completely rebuilt for it to work right. The tracks develop divots where the wheels stop in the open and close position that makes the pogo stick work a lot harder to open the door, if at all.
Love the use of the term "seasoned vehicles" instead of just saying :censored2:in pieces of :censored2:! Yes this a family show. lol

Z

ZQXC

I had to explain that very fact to one of the mechanics here.

Z

ZQXC

Also the hook needs to make a clean release, and there should not be any binding along the edge of the door where it fits into the channel.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The standard door stops are no good for the keyless either. Things get bent or jammed. I have to improvise and scrounge for strong enough material to fab a stop that will take the slamming you get with a freely moving door.
The Freightliner and Workhorse P7s came with crappy bulkhead rollers that have plastic wheels that deteriorate and drop all the ball bearings within. They all need to be replaced for it to work well with those cars. The soft wheels have a lot more resistance even when new.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Split drivers are so lazy it isn't funny. How do you drive all day with mirrors that flap like a flag in the wind?

undies

I always write in the DVIR "please adjust" so they can't try and make a dumb excuse. I've also written up plenty of crappy drivers seats that are stuck in one position or have foam sticking out, all of them got replaced with new seats! The regular drivers were amazed and thankful that I managed a miracle like that...all they had to do was write it up themselves lol

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I always write in the DVIR "please adjust" so they can't try and make a dumb excuse. I've also written up plenty of crappy drivers seats that are stuck in one position or have foam sticking out, all of them got replaced with new seats! The regular drivers were amazed and thankful that I managed a miracle like that...all they had to do was write it up themselves lol
I hate it when a swing driver gets my seat replaced. It takes years for a seat to get properly broke in.

Overpaid Union Thug

ALL drivers are supposed to write up anything that is damaged or not working normally as soon as they notice. Being a bid driver or swing driver is irrelevant.

Sent using BrownCafe App