Write Up Your Damn Truck....Please??

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm just glad I leave very little for my drivers to write about (that I can do anything about).

Sounds like our mechanic. And he wants us to write up (or at least tell him about) everything so he doesn't end up with a laundry list of problems for multiple trucks at once or serious problems as a result of "minor" noises not being reported. In our center that is usually what causes trucks to be red tagged. Otherwise....if they can be fixed before the next day then they aren't red tagged.

A while back I ended up on a truck that was a total POS. Couldn't find second gear and barely third. The mirrors were so loose they'd fold in when driving over 30 mph. The truck shaked like a quake every time I was about to come to a stop. The TP-60 had clearly been dropped and the leg was at a 30 degree angle. And there was some other problems with the truck such as the bulkhead door and rear swing door not wanting to stay shut. I wrote as much on the DVIR as I could then attached another piece of paper to it when I ran out of room. The truck was red tagged of course and rightfully so. It was unsafe. The bid driver had ended up with another random day off in addition to a few others the week prior and come back the next day to find a replacement truck. The replacement truck was actually better than his even if his had been in good shape but that didn't matter. The guy had the nerve to call me and complain that I had wrote his truck up. And told me not to write his truck up next time. The conversation didn't end well for him needless to say.

If that clown had bothered to write up his problems as they occurred, and if the other cover drivers had written them up as well, I wouldn't have ended up with such an unsafe truck and our mechanic could have probably took care of the problems before they were serious, or numerous enough, to warrant red tagging the truck. And the mechanic was not happy to end up with such a POS either. All because of a bid driver, as well as some cover drivers, wanting to pass the buck. That buck usually turns into a truck badly in need of repairs and a pissed off mechanic and cover driver.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You should see the condition of some of the PCs I inherit from other centers when they arrive. I would be embarrassed to have my name on them. The last group I got from California took me at least 2 months and about 2-3000 bucks each in parts to make them good. I was amazed some of them made it under their own power because they were leaking oil so badly. One of them didn't and had to get a water pumpuse on the way and consequently lost boost due to an untightened clamp.
The lack of pretrips and postrips and DVIRs on worthy items leads to cars having to be tagged at PMIi because they are such a mess. I get some drivers who amaze me at how they tolerate the things I find. Others write vague complaints about things I can't find daily and refuse to elaborate. Still others try to tell me my job rather than just describing the issue. More often than not they are wrong, so they are disappointed when the issue isn't resolved because I have no clue what is really going on and I can't reproduce it because they never said what they were experiencing.:biting:

You should see the condition of some of the PCs I inherit from other centers when they arrive. I would be embarrassed to have my name on them. The last group I got from California took me at least 2 months and about 2-3000 bucks each in parts to make them good. I was amazed some of them made it under their own power because they were leaking oil so badly. One of them didn't and had to get a water pumpuse on the way and consequently lost boost due to an untightened clamp.
The lack of pretrips and postrips and DVIRs on worthy items leads to cars having to be tagged at PMIi because they are such a mess. I get some drivers who amaze me at how they tolerate the things I find. Others write vague complaints about things I can't find daily and refuse to elaborate. Still others try to tell me my job rather than just describing the issue. More often than not they are wrong, so they are disappointed when the issue isn't resolved because I have no clue what is really going on and I can't reproduce it because they never said what they were experiencing.:biting:

I know enough to be specific on some items, get in the ballpark on others. If I'm not sure I'll stop and grab a mechanic and show him and then write it up in his words.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Unless it is something simple like a headlight, I will take my copy of the DVIR to the mechanic and explain to him in my own words what is going on.

This helps him diagnose the problem quicker and it helps me gain mechanical knowledge.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I appreciate drivers who will actually take the time to talk with me in order to make it clear the issue at hand. I always thank them for feedback and useful input.

Overpaid Union Thug

As opposed to those who just write up everything because they're told to?

Or those that ASSUME a rattling noise coming from the engine isn't serious and won't write it up or tell the mechanic because they tell the bid driver (who won't write it up either) instead? Or no one?
Sent using BrownCafe App

Foamer Pyle

Defect...they are going back to the dealership to be fixed. they keep shutting down. something electonic Is shutting the fuel down.
You won't see your car back in the lineup for at least 6 weeks. It's taking that long here to get em back. You will need a new shoulder and knees by then lol.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Or those that ASSUME a rattling noise coming from the engine isn't serious and won't write it up or tell the mechanic because they tell the bid driver (who won't write it up either) instead? Or no one?
Sent using BrownCafe App

Go back and find one post where the it was said a rattle was coming from the engine. If you're going to talk out your ass at least get it right.