Write Up Your Damn Truck....Please??

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Funny thing about the fuel pump thing. Telematics was throwing up faults about pump relays on the newer Freightliners and MDC sent a handful of retrofit kits, then it all suddenly stopped. Never had any break down.

wayfair

swollen member
Took a month to get an oil leak fixed.

I thought it was just coolant leaking, but the thing about the CNG PC's, is that they burn so clean the oil never gets dirty

Overpaid Union Thug

When it's something minor and it's not your ride you let the regular driver know. If you've ever come in to your ride being redtagged because some swing driver "hears a rattle" that's been there since the rig was new and you're in the center s-box spare until a mechanic can give it a once over then you'll understand where I'm coming from.

^^^^^^^^^^Your words!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now I'm sure you'll deny that it was the engine you were speaking of. But think long and hard about how silly that will look before you do.

Just write the damn trucks up man. Or at least tell the mechanic. It's not like UPS is asking you to move Heaven and Earth.

Overpaid Union Thug

I write up everything. The last thing I want to do is off load my PC into an empty in the A.M. like the last time.

It's even better when you are on a route that is almost an hour away from the center and all of the "minor" problems that weren't written up become one major problem. Or even when it's something simple like a mirror bracket that was already loose finally becomes so loose from all of the wind pressure that it stays folded in. Or a hard rain starts and both windshield whippers are worn out. These things really can ruin your day. All because someone, or several people, refuse to do what they are paid $33/hr plus benefits to do. That is simply amazing to me.

wayfair

swollen member
The mirror bracket is an issue. Car washer always moves it in the PM so it tends to be loose at highway speeds in the morning

bumped

Took a month to get an oil leak fixed.

I thought it was just coolant leaking, but the thing about the CNG PC's, is that they burn so clean the oil never gets dirty

Damn near everyone of our trucks leak oil. I've written up mine monthly for years, but its still "will schedule". A porter goes around every morning with a mop wiping up all the oil puddles as the cars are being loaded.

wayfair

swollen member
Damn near everyone of our trucks leak oil. I've written up mine monthly for years, but its still "will schedule". A porter goes around every morning with a mop wiping up all the oil puddles as the cars are being loaded.

If you want to get it fixed, have customers complain about the stains, worked for me.

oldngray

nowhere special
The mirror bracket is an issue. Car washer always moves it in the PM so it tends to be loose at highway speeds in the morning

I had the problem of car washer (or usually when its moved around and not washed) adjusting the seat and readjusting the mirrors every day. I would be really annoyed every morning needing to get them adjusted back again. I could see the car shifter adjusting everything if he was driving it around but most of the time it was just moving around the lineup and never even leaving the building.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had the problem of car washer (or usually when its moved around and not washed) adjusting the seat and readjusting the mirrors every day. I would be really annoyed every morning needing to get them adjusted back again. I could see the car shifter adjusting everything if he was driving it around but most of the time it was just moving around the lineup and never even leaving the building.

That would drive me friggin crazy. I think a midget drove my truck on Saturday, the seat was so close to the steering wheel.

Z

ZQXC

For those that have the adjustable seats (I don't), drivers often come back to them in the recline position.

Reload napping?