Writing on boxes with crayons

Sent using BrownCafe App
Are all the other hubs around the states having to write the truck, shelf # and circle it on every box?? They just started this at my hub a cpl months ago, and I don't understand why... Isn't it redundant to write EXACTLY what is on the SPA label??? Does it not violate the safety rule of look before stepping, if you are having to write as you walk??

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Different rules for different areas. Sounds like some genius with a tie on is trying to eliminate misloads. Just let dumbassery run its course.

Never write and walk at the same time. Write, then walk. If they object, recite the "L" from the LEADS safety drivel: Look before you walk. Then tell them you can't write and walk at the same time. Why? Because you need to Establish your firm footing in case you need to Adjust to changing conditions. And you can't do any of that if you're looking at some package while you're walking, now can you?

They do want you to work safe, don't they?

That's the conclusion I've came to, but then they harp on us about stacking out, which is inevitable if you ha e to place the box on the shelf before writing on it... They said that all hubs are having to do it, but I call B.S. I never had a problem with misloading before, probably 1 misload for about every 2000+ packages. It's screwed everything up, and I predict someone will wind up hurt with the implementation of this asinine rule.

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

That's the conclusion I've came to, but then they harp on us about stacking out, which is inevitable if you ha e to place the box on the shelf before writing on it... They said that all hubs are having to do it, but I call B.S. I never had a problem with misloading before, probably 1 misload for about every 2000+ packages. It's screwed everything up, and I predict someone will wind up hurt with the implementation of this asinine rule.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Sent using BrownCafe App
Are all the other hubs around the states having to write the truck, shelf # and circle it on every box?? They just started this at my hub a cpl months ago, and I don't understand why... Isn't it redundant to write EXACTLY what is on the SPA label??? Does it not violate the safety rule of look before stepping, if you are having to write as you walk??
Sups, should be auditing the trucks for misroutes. I guess it could slow an operation down, and they would have to be pulled away from their load set. Our center has the loaders circle the pals/ match the barcodes in their free time. I guess if we keep doing their work, they can keep doing ours.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sent using BrownCafe App
Yup...just started this BS at my building ..i'm avoiding it as much as possible until they start official discipline. But I was told in addition to write all this crap, we are no longer allowed to peel Pal labels. For now, I will yes my sups to death and load how I want...I'm hoping this is flavor of the month stuff.

nayrsiem

All I've seen at my center is an increased push to have the preloader write the hin number on each box they load. It helps us drivers as we go box diving for the pkgs Orion wants us to deliver next.

Sent telepathiclly of course..

All of my drivers loved the way I peeled every label and placed it on the box in clear view, with addresses in ascending order... Now, it's simply a number scribbled, with no time to look at addresses and arrange appropriately... All of my drivers agree that it hurt more than helped.
Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-35.jpeg

BrownTexas

If you ever get stacked out because you get further behind because of their new practices just turn the belt off. Sooner or later they will figure out they are costing you more time so doing all this extra writing is no worth it. They are trying to save 10¢ by spending 25¢. Plain ignorant.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sent using BrownCafe App

Except bulk. These are placed with the label down so the driver has to dig to find out where the hell it is going!

kingOFchester

Something needs to be done. That said, UPS needs to lesson the workload so loaders have the time to load the correct packages. We have a huge issue with missloads. 5 or more are common. The amount of money UPS is paying a top rate driver in OT to make service on a QVC T-shirt is astonishing.

Something needs to be done. The new method would work IF and only IF they allot enough time to do the job per UPS methods. But, as we all know, that will never happen. Now, we will have trucks still being loaded at start time causing drivers to have a late start. Late start = OT. Late start also forces many drivers to run straight air and compounding the OT.

It's getting more common to have drivers start late, especially with all the stupid add/cuts. Some drivers say "Well, we had to write on boxes with crayons". That may be true, but did you they have surepost back in the horse and carriage days, didn't they also have a lot stricter size restrictions on boxes?? That being said, that's like comparing apples to oranges.

Sent using BrownCafe App