MattM

Op, not once were you asked to join the union? Had you been a warehouse union worker and signed a bid sheet or signed up to drive and were DQd, you could have fallen back to the warehouse gig, and tried again ever six months.

You were playing with fire being a off the street seasonal worker with no union backing.

Now they're using union workers for PVD too.

Jbird75

Op, not once were you asked to join the union? Had you been a warehouse union worker and signed a bid sheet or signed up to drive and were DQd, you could have fallen back to the warehouse gig, and tried again ever six months.

You were playing with fire being a off the street seasonal worker with no union backing.

Now they're using union workers for PVD too.
Then I was ignorant to it. I was asked to accept the job and talked up into it. I didn't seek it out. I liked working 25 hrs a week, 3 day weekend, and mileage compensation. I made more than covid unemployment. I was content. Shoulda just said no in hindsight.

542thruNthru

giphy-137.gif

Only help I can give is move on. There is nothing you can do and yes UPS as a company are horrible to their employees.

Sorry you lost your job.

Good luck.

Again sorry you lost your job but it's over.

CoolStoryBro

Nothing else. No explanation, STILL no exit interview, wont call me back, wont take my calls. But this post has been deleted by admins because I reacted to being criticized so, I guess I cant get any answers here either. Thanks for your interest.

Exit interview? you have no understanding of the lack of care UPS has towards people who quit. They probably gave you a "no rehire" status as well.

You think too highly of yourself. You are gone. UPS is done with you. Never trust management. If you had spent time as a part timer you would have learned all these lessons... And as a part timer you get many shots at becoming a driver if you fail.

Jbird75

Thanks for the insight. Although, what I think of myself has no bearing on the question, nor did I comment on that. I followed procedure and protocols and sought insight to my misunderstanding of my release after being comforted with the ability to return to my previous position without discrimination. I now know that i do NOT wish to work for a company that HAD high commendations as a worldwide company for treating their employees well and compensating them greatly but has become the furthest from that previous assessment. I'm not fighting for my job back, nor the ability to be considered for any other employment with a company that does not stand behind ALL employees with or without the Union regardless of the companies presumptive social credit with their customer. I'm done with UPS and will never be back, on MY terms.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks for the insight. Although, what I think of myself has no bearing on the question, nor did I comment on that. I followed procedure and protocols and sought insight to my misunderstanding of my release after being comforted with the ability to return to my previous position without discrimination. I now know that i do NOT wish to work for a company that HAD high commendations as a worldwide company for treating their employees well and compensating them greatly but has become the furthest from that previous assessment. I'm not fighting for my job back, nor the ability to be considered for any other employment with a company that does not stand behind ALL employees with or without the Union regardless of the companies presumptive social credit with their customer. I'm done with UPS and will never be back, on MY terms.

Cool Story Bro

Then why are you still here

AwashBwashCwash

You're actually done with UPS on their terms considering they fired you.
But I don't disagree with what you said. They do compensate fairly well but the work is grueling and the company absolutely does not care. It's not a nice place to work. Maybe you could consider this a blessing in disguise.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You're actually done with UPS on their terms considering they fired you.
But I don't disagree with what you said. They do compensate fairly well but the work is grueling and the company absolutely does not care. It's not a nice place to work. Maybe you could consider this a blessing in disguise.
That may be true. I'm glad I stuck it out. It only took me 15 years to get the all important soul saving "dont give a damn attitude" for my last 8 years. Otherwise would have had a breakdown.

It was worth sticking out for me. Your results may vary. I retired at 58 with a modest pension, house paid off with a healthy 401k which have not touched since retiring 5 years ago almost to the day. Social Security kicked in for both of us last year and that's all gravy.

Have been extremely happy the last 5 years. Every time I watch Shawshank I can relate with Andy for swimming thru 500 yards of the most vile filth to get to his freedom..........hahahaha

11.19igrad

That may be true. I'm glad I stuck it out. It only took me 15 years to get the all important soul saving "dont give a damn attitude" for my last 8 years. Otherwise would have had a breakdown.

It was worth sticking out for me. Your results may vary. I retired at 58 with a modest pension, house paid off with a healthy 401k which have not touched since retiring 5 years ago almost to the day. Social Security kicked in for both of us last year and that's all gravy.

Have been extremely happy the last 5 years. Every time I watch Shawshank I can relate with Andy for swimming thru 500 yards of the most vile filth to get to his freedom..........hahahaha
good for you sir

Re-Raise

Where do you get the 10k a month that you add to your 2 million dollar stock portfolio??