Xmas Potluck. YUM!!

Billy_Baconhead

This is my career, one that has allowed me to put two children through college and walk one down the aisle. It will also afford me a secure retirement free from financial worry with the ability to do what I want when I want.

I bet your grand-kids will be very proud of you. Can I be invited to your 20,000 post party? Seriously, why do you care what is said in the fedex forums? I mean...your happy with your career and have a outstanding retirement ahead of you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I bet your grand-kids will be very proud of you. Can I be invited to your 20,000 post party? Seriously, why do you care what is said in the fedex forums? I mean...your happy with your career and have a outstanding retirement ahead of you.

I have learned a lot about FedEx through this forum. I admit that I used to get very frustrated with the local Ground driver, who I nicknamed "Pokey", but after reading what they have to go through I have a greater appreciation both for their situation and how truly fortunate I am. I have learned a lot about how the contractor/ISP model works through bbsam. I have also learned that there are whiners on both sides of the aisle, thanks to MFE.

FedEx Ground is in a very strong position to become the dominant player in our industry. We dismissed RPS when they first started and made the mistake of underestimating Ground. We are paying the price for this as we continue to lose volume.

I normally don't post a lot on these forums but the comments from your newest member just rubbed me the wrong way. Dave.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have learned a lot about FedEx through this forum. I admit that I used to get very frustrated with the local Ground driver, who I nicknamed "Pokey", but after reading what they have to go through I have a greater appreciation both for their situation and how truly fortunate I am. I have learned a lot about how the contractor/ISP model works through bbsam. I have also learned that there are whiners on both sides of the aisle, thanks to MFE.

FedEx Ground is in a very strong position to become the dominant player in our industry. We dismissed RPS when they first started and made the mistake of underestimating Ground. We are paying the price for this as we continue to lose volume.

I normally don't post a lot on these forums but the comments from your newest member just rubbed me the wrong way. Dave.

I neither run nor moderate these forums, but IMO anyone should be able to get on here and express their opinion, no matter who they work for. I appreciate the UPS and Ground perspectives, and I have also learned a lot about both companies through this medium. If you've been hanging back, please feel free to participate. You might have your ideas challenged, but isn't that what discussion boards are supposed to be all about anyway?

Upstate and I often disagree, but again, isn't that how we get to see the other side of an argument? I'm glad he (and other UPSer's) choose to participate in "our" forum.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You can name call if you'd like (whiner), but I don't think you'd be too happy with conditions over here. When I first started at FedEx, there wasn't much separating the 2 companies. In fact, given the lower work load initially, FedEx was probably a better deal. So, would you "whine" if you'd seen your pension disappear, along with profit-sharing, regular raises, and decent insurance?

You bet you'd freaking have something to say about it. You still don't know what you've got, and until you walk a mile in my shoes, you still don't. Cut your wage by around 35-40%, slice your pension by 4/5th's and then see if you "like" it. Your lack of knowledge is rubbing me the wrong way.