Y'all ever wish you would have gone to college instead?

UPSER1987

Ok. Who would pay for this college and what would be taught and by whom? Liberal , Conservative, Communist? What if you didn't/couldn't go? Then what? Serious questions. Who pays for your living during this time? You going to mandate this also? What if you are truly too stupid to go? Thought this all the way through?
I would would like to know the answers to these questions as well.

104 guy and the bug guy seem to think they are the smartest guys in the room.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Ok. Who would pay for this college and what would be taught and by whom? Liberal , Conservative, Communist? What if you didn't/couldn't go? Then what? Serious questions. Who pays for your living during this time? You going to mandate this also? What if you are truly too stupid to go? Thought this all the way through?
1. Same way States pay for their community colleges and universities now. In my State, according to our Constitution it "shall be as nearly free as possible" (Art 11 sec 6).
2. Is Glenn Beck getting the help he needs?
3. & 4,There are truancy laws easily modified in every State.
5. Same laws can be modified to require parents to provide or student housing is already available at many universities and could easily be added to community colleges.
6. Absolutely.
7. No one is truly too stupid to go, though you may have already proved me wrong here.
8. Absolutely, I'm sure Pres. Biden will be reaching out for my expertise any day now.

quad decade guy

1. Same way States pay for their community colleges and universities now. In my State, according to our Constitution it "shall be as nearly free as possible" (Art 11 sec 6).
2. Is Glenn Beck getting the help he needs?
3. & 4,There are truancy laws easily modified in every State.
5. Same laws can be modified to require parents to provide or student housing is already available at many universities and could easily be added to community colleges.
6. Absolutely.
7. No one is truly too stupid to go, though you may have already proved me wrong here.
8. Absolutely, I'm sure Pres. Biden will be reaching out for my expertise any day now.
Wow. The mind of a liberal is truly breathtaking. No wonder your state is going down the toilet.

So, you would put them in jail? And their parents?

And being stupid? My special friend(you) are just a small sample of what's possible.

Say, how much of peoples money should we confiscate to pay for this?

BTW, in my state, a "state school" costs $500 per credit hour....yeah free....

Yep laws are easily modified......I realize you don't know how scary you sound. Truly breathtaking.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Wow. The mind of a liberal is truly breathtaking. No wonder your state is going down the toilet.

So, you would put them in jail? And their parents?

And being stupid? My special friend(you) are just a small sample of what's possible.

Say, how much of peoples money should we confiscate to pay for this?

BTW, in my state, a "state school" costs $500 per credit hour....yeah free....

Yep laws are easily modified......I realize you don't know how scary you sound. Truly breathtaking.

Why is everything doom and gloom with you?

Does anything good ever happen to you?

You seem miserable...

I did go to college myself and it was a total waste of my life back then. When I imagine how much farther I could be in my pension credits, how many more years at top rate, rather than getting a useless degree, a few ten thousand dollars more debt, and a degree that got me nothing.

My little brother got a masters degree in chemistry now. I don't think he'll ever reach my pay. My gosh I didn't even add in our insurance, or vacation.

Top that off with he's got over $100,000 in student loan debt. I mean what does he even do? He talks like a friend@g and his * is * . He does nothing. He gets government grants to do "experiments", then he writes about them. The only goal? Get more of that sweet government cash.

He talks fast but he's doing nothing.

His wife hates how much more successful in buying stuff I am than he, she talks the brown stuff all the time. After she gets home from her crud job. My wife don't work she's busy being barefoot and pregnant again. Three months pregnant weighs 106 pounds. His angry wife works in HR with her four year degree, 165 pounds, and somehow she got a $100,000 in debt as well!!!! She runs marathons or something all of her does. I tell him my wife just made a loaf of bread and yeah that's the kids yelling in the background.

He tells me if he could pay the payments he's looking at $1600 a month!!! My mortgage is less than that!

I paid off my student slave debt for my worthless arts degree. Now I pick up and set down boxes for a living. But I do like to imagine what if I would have just started picking up and putting down boxes even sooner? I don't even have to go into debt to do this. I get paid.

Heck I have learned more from listening to audiobooks at work then I learned at uni.

How about it box monkeys. Do you wish you would have gone to get an official college degree tm?

Maybe one day be center mngr?
Humble yourself a bit. Way to look down on your own family.

quad decade guy

You seem miserable...
Miserable? Doom and gloom? Well, I just responded to a declarative statement. The poster's solution to mandatory college for everyone was if not compliant.....put them in jail. And their parents. That's pretty extreme....don't you think? But then to an a whole like you....that seems normal.

You don't know me.

vvv

You seem miserable...
Now you did it, you made ol' grandpa Pissy Pants angry again!!

Better be careful or he's gonna threaten you with harm as well and jam his award patches down your throat. :)

Overpaid Union Thug

9AB276BB-8B9A-49CE-A4F7-B76C0F9ABCD9.jpeg

Last One In

As was said earlier life happens and you make choices. I went to college. Planned on being a vet; another girl in my dorm was in her second year of vet school. She told me she was $250,000 in debt (vet school is a 3 year program). I didn't like the idea of that, so I finished school with a B. S. in biology while part-time at UPS. The vet on my route retired last year in her 60s. I am eligible to retire now and I am only 54. Healthy 401K, a little UPS stock, IRA, etc. I think for me it has worked out okay; never had to pay off student loans. Wonder, though, if I would have preferred being my own boss. Sorry for the long post; I got the day off today.

Zowert

I have an A.A. in General Education and a B.A. in Elementary Education. I was a public school teacher for five years (10/11th grade US & World history). My salary back then is nowhere near what I’m making now as a RPCD and I’m still a year away from top rate. At the time, while in college, I wasn’t thinking about money. It was a costly and time consuming blunder of my youth, especially when I figured out that I hate working inside all day.

K-12 is a necessity. Higher education on the other hand is not. By no means am I discouraging anyone from going to college, however I’m a realist. It’s not for everyone. I hate when kids are pushed hard to get into a University when their heart just isn’t in it. It’s especially damaging when they’re rejected. No one should feel like they’re a failure because they didn’t go to college. I had to deal with a lot of parents that were extremely hard on their kids. The amount of emails and phone calls I got over giving a kid a ‘C’ or even a ‘B’ in my class was absurd. “My son is going to Stanford, how is he going to get in now that you have him a C+?” Well, does he even want to go to college, let alone Stanford in particular? Such madness...