Y'all ever wish you would have gone to college instead?

Mycow

I think about it every morning I leave for work. Wife got her masters, she works from home, works about 6 hours on average and makes little more then we do. She does work few long days when she has to go to city council meeting but she get travel and 150 hour

dudebro

Do I think we are due for a recession? Yes

But the people who right now are complaining that the economy is terrible right now....will either Bitch about anything or failed to put themselves in a position for success

I’ve always felt that way but it doesn’t seem like there aren’t enough of those good jobs for everyone.

It’s like if I put 3 jars of hooch in front of 10 bums and told them to fight for the hooch. Later that night, I could tell each bum that’s not drinking, that if he’d have fought harder, he’d be sipping hooch tonight.
Individually, that’s true for each of them, but mathematically, only 3 bums were ever getting hooch tonight...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’ve always felt that way but it doesn’t seem like there aren’t enough of those good jobs for everyone.

It’s like if I put 3 jars of hooch in front of 10 bums and told them to fight for the hooch. Later that night, I could tell each bum that’s not drinking, that if he’d have fought harder, he’d be sipping hooch tonight.
Individually, that’s true for each of them, but mathematically, only 3 bums were ever getting hooch tonight...
Everyone is guaranteed a good paying job. Never have been. Just the way it is.

dudebro

Everyone is guaranteed a good paying job. Never have been. Just the way it is.
I agree with that, where I've changed is where I think the floor should be for the people who can't get them. We have enough money overall where successful people can still be wealthy and the floor for the unsuccessful can still be enough to get most needs met.

I earned my masters in 2010. Now I run my own 250k/year business. I don't have to pay anyone, I spend half the year out in nature, my profit margins are borderline unbelievable, and I have fun every day.

(I'm sitting around in my underwear scratching my balls and eating snacks.)

Later today, I'll go into the night sort, so I can effectively lose $200/hr to "earn" $13/hour, and listen to tired and angry drivers tell me I made the wrong decision giving up on driving and focusing on my business.

Okay, lol. Keep deluding yourselves. Better start studying how to build and repair drones, because that's all you're gonna have in 10 years.

542thruNthru

I earned my masters in 2010. Now I run my own 250k/year business. I don't have to pay anyone, I spend half the year out in nature, my profit margins are borderline unbelievable, and I have fun every day.

Later today, I'll go into the night sort, so I can effectively lose $200/hr to "earn" $13/hour, and listen to tired and angry drivers tell me I made the wrong decision giving up on driving and focusing on my business.

Okay, lol. Keep deluding yourselves. Better start studying how to build and repair drones, because that's all you're gonna have in 10 years.

So you work part time why? For medical?

RC_RDL

I left preload after 2.5 years to take an internship and focus on school, mechanical engineering. Now that I’m on the other side of the fence I hate it, slow pace, dread checking email for new tasks at any time.

In hindsight UPS is quite the bird in the hand, if you’re there I’d just be happy with it.

I’m a positive rehire but starting over would be tough.

Db2400

Going to college is a huge decision. If you have a support system that allows you to get a legit degree it's worth it. But most people get a degree just to one.

Going to college is a two way street. The ones that go all in on a highly demanding field and make great money...and the ones that just end up with student loan debt making less than 50k a year.

I skipped college and have zero debt.
Says the uneducated guy who didnt graduate college. Nothing is wrong with somebody having improving your education.

Re-Raise

I was told there would be no math...

Re-Raise

What are you talking about?

KoennenTiger

I think about it every morning I leave for work. Wife got her masters, she works from home, works about 6 hours on average and makes little more then we do. She does work few long days when she has to go to city council meeting but she get travel and 150 hour

My ex wife has her masters. I bet she enjoys working from home. I was over picking up family #1 a few months ago and asked to use the pisser. She had cute little hearts cut out and pasted all over her mirror with great motivational phrases. Such as;

"no liquor before 4pm"

"water not wine"

And "your kids love their mom"

On the bright side she makes more than I do.

542thruNthru

My ex wife has her masters. I bet she enjoys working from home. I was over picking up family #1 a few months ago and asked to use the pisser. She had cute little hearts cut out and pasted all over her mirror with great motivational phrases. Such as;

"no liquor before 4pm"

"water not wine"

How many families you got?

Db2400

But getting into debt for a degree that doesn't help you get a good paying job and being financially strapped is also a big mistake.
Dont agree. God forbid any of us loose this job, but if any of us were to; where would you be then. Nothing wrong with having a back up plan. Dont have to start from the bottom again.

Mycow

"no liquor before 4pm"

"water not wine"

Damn bro you drove your ex wife to become an alcoholic. That's rough, mines not there yet maybe in couple more years she'll be there