Yard shifting hours cutback

raceanoncr

Our part time, non CDL shifters in our tiny building pull our trailers several hundred feet down the road from our building to our parking lot. I've always wanted to alert the State Patrol or proper authorities about this.

Did that here, except all shifters are CDL. All shifter units have to be street licensed, lights, horns, hoses, etc. Any from mechs shop hostling trailers to and from now have to be CDLd too.

ziffle

Mobile BA, looks like my vacation checks will be more than my weekly checks now. I wish I could go on the open road like you. I just can't keep all those impure thoughts in my head all night long to keep me awake. I'm going to have to try keeping a picture of Burt on my dash.

brownrodster

Did that here, except all shifters are CDL. All shifter units have to be street licensed, lights, horns, hoses, etc. Any from mechs shop hostling trailers to and from now have to be CDLd too.

Our shifters just use whatever feeder truck happens to be around in the yard at the time. There are at least 6-7 of them total and 1-2 are ususally there at once.

I remember back in the day they had FT feeder drivers shift when our PT guys were on vacation. I wish they would eliminate the PT shifter position and add the work to FT feeders but that PT shifter position is actually part of our supplement I think. That PT shifter position makes over 20$ an hour here.